eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ello Babs

Why? Because its different?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FFS people its just a forum piece of software. I've spent a whole load of last night commiserating a mate who lost his whole website to this issue and it really does bring into focus just how trivial this is...

I spent a couple of hours going over my own with a fine tooth comb in paranoia - this php issue was serious

VERY SERIOUS.

So people don't like VBulletin, when you haven't bothered to give it a try. It could have been a lot worse.

You all had to learn to use the old forum

The maximun you've been on this is a day

Why not give it a try!

Hell the way this could have gone is a lot worse................

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok adam so its only been a day but seen forums like this before and sorry but i dont like it and that my opinion anyway Not that it will matter to e bid they dont much care about forums anyway and as i am getting bills from them and no sales it dont much matter one way or another to me realy either.K so there have been problems but an e mail would have been nice to let us all know whats going on to say the least. am grumpy tonight anyway so might feel better in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmimi
    ok adam so its only been a day but seen forums like this before and sorry but i dont like it and that my opinion anyway Not that it will matter to e bid they dont much care about forums anyway and as i am getting bills from them and no sales it dont much matter one way or another to me realy either.K so there have been problems but an e mail would have been nice to let us all know whats going on to say the least. am grumpy tonight anyway so might feel better in the morning.
    Considering they've been hacked (as the warning said) I doubt they were lucky in that the hacker sent them a warning postcard first.

If they had been hacked, then security is the first concern. And that will mean changes. If you've been broken into by a dodgy front door lock, the first thing you do is change the lock. And many of the websites I've been talking to report that the break in was due to forum software....

Got to sort this buddy stuff out! Thanks phil lol

Babs it's horrible but got no choice so see how we get on with it xx

Got to spend some time learning to navigate because I'm not familiar with this type of forum at all, I do miss the smileys, the ones on here are not very good
    feebee xx

Quote Originally Posted by feebee65

Got to spend some time learning to navigate because I'm not familiar with this type of forum at all, I do miss the smileys, the ones on here are not very good
    LOL buddy thing is cool

Same here Feenever used this kind of forum layout before - but ill find all the bits and bobs eventually

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gothica
    LOL buddy thing is cool

Same here Feenever used this kind of forum layout before - but ill find all the bits and bobs eventually
    I like fiddling with bits and bobs pmsl
    feebee xx

All-About sweetmimi
    Forum Posts

yea I think its horrible as well but looks like we got no choice realy suppose the boys are to be thanked for at least giving us a forum but I am not in a good mood right now so biased I suppose The comfort of the old one I think

I like fiddling with bits and bobs pmsl
    Ooooooh you are awful <----- my new equiv of laughing smiley

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View seaemelle's Feedback (+914)
    All-About seaemelle
    View seaemelle's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm just clicking on all the buttons I can find (except the REPORT one ) to see what there is - if is says "advanced" something I'm turning it on to see what happens - it's going to take a little while for everyone to get their heads round it but I think once they have and the piccies are back up it will seem more like "home"

All-About sweetmimi
    Forum Posts

ok clue me in where the heck is advanced then

Thread Information