Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swap Section

Default Swap Section

I don't have time to check all the threads so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

eBid needs something to help grab peoples attention and imagination, apart from the no fee's of course. We need to be able to attract new users all the time so we need to offer something that the other main online auction sites don't. Sooooo.........

How about having a Swap Shop section ?

A swap shop section could be a part of eBid where people can offer an item in exchange for another item.

eBid could charge for the optional features when people list an item as they do in normal auctions, but since there are no final value fee's on here then I don't see a swap shop being a problem.

I'm sure that a swap shop would create a lot of interest in the online auctions community and maybe even also in the media (with the right promotion). I can't see it being too hard for eBid to implement such a section either.

I'm sure a swap section would be a winning idea and attract plenty of attention from all quarters.

Yorkie.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Default Re: Swap Section

sounds like a good idea to me yorkie, would be very handy as well i think.

nice one

***REPOSTED FROM KT***

In theory it could be a good idea, see http://www.dvd-swaps.co.uk for an idea of how it could work.

In practise, I am far happier with the "swap-shop" platform currently in operation, ie: "I'll swap you my widget for a cheque......"

Forum Lurker
    View pid2000's Feedback (+13)
    All-About pid2000
    View pid2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

8) I'm just checking Yorkies link. Personally I'm not overfussed but never being one to upset the apple cart then carry on peeps and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by videoshopruabon
    In practise, I am far happier with the "swap-shop" platform currently in operation, ie: "I'll swap you my widget for a cheque......"
    I was thinking that it may be a good tool for those people who don't normally sell on online auctions, obviously serious sellers would probably stick to selling rather than swapping, but casual users and people just browsing may find a swap feature very handy.

Personally I think a swap section would get a lot of use.

Yorkie.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by pid2000
    8) I'm just checking Yorkies link. Personally I'm not overfussed but never being one to upset the apple cart then carry on peeps and enjoy
    Thanks for checking it for me Pid.

Yorkie.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Hi Yorkie,
    I am one of those persons you mentioned, I buy on e-bid but do not sell.

I think your idea of a swap shop is brill and would ,as you said ,create more interest on the site. Hope G&M take notice.

Jimmy.

I've wondered about this before and think that it's a great idea...

Quote Originally Posted by bigjayuk
    Hi Yorkie,
    I am one of those persons you mentioned, I buy on e-bid but do not sell.

I think your idea of a swap shop is brill and would ,as you said ,create more interest on the site. Hope G&M take notice.

Jimmy.
    Yeah I hope that they do too because it would add a little extra to the site and offer something that the likes of eBay do not offer.

Anything which grabs peoples attention has got to be a good thing at this early stage in eBids life.

Yorkie.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

well yorkie

im replying but havent got a clue

dont think it would matter really but would it be safe coz your still gonna be sending goods to someone you dont know

just me being cynical, TRUST NO-ONE is my middle name :lol:
    You can't scare me I'm a mother

Thread Information