Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A Pop-up too far?

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A Pop-up too far?

I know you have to take advertising but currently I get a pop-up which wipes out my toolbar whenever I visit ebid. I anticipate getting upset emails from people I invite to visit this site, especially people who don't know how to get their toolbar back in view. If we have to have the thing, could it be a bit smaller please?

Madelaine
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Default Re: A Pop-up too far?

i get the lovepepper popup every now and again, that dosen't have a toolbar on it, but i just click that page off, and ebid is always underneath it :wink: , but it is very annoying!

don't know if that is the popup you mean, i am running the free edition of popup stopper, so don't get any popups, except that one!

if you want a popup stopper try this, i find it good,
    http://www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html

the download is the free edition one, just scroll down the page a bit

and if i have read your post all wrong, sorry ops: , the caffine hasn't kicked in yet!! :wink:

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the popup stopper - I must do that, but the issue is less savvy users. Many of my customers on the dark side are not really up to downloading extra stuff. That's why they will be so fazed by a window that covers their Windows toolbar.

I can cope, but then I just delete spam instead of getting worked up about it (life is too short to get worked up about what I cannot change)
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Use Opera with its in-built popup stopper or if you are on the cheap side, download and install Goggle's toolbar and use its popup stopper...

It's an easy 'get around'... And, since ebid doesn't charge for their listings, any revenue from advertising benefits 'us' in the long run.

Besides, being too lazy to actually check the sourcecode, ebid probably doesn't 'control' the popup to enable the addressbar, it's most likely a link-exchange or similar program anyway... So, no use complaining!

Thread Information