eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's the best book you've read lately?

Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    All-About ginab
    View ginab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samigail0305 View Post
    I'm working my way throught the Tess Gerritsen books. I'm really enjoying them.
    One of my favourite books recently was Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. I read every single one of her books and think they are fab, very thought provoking. I've put that book in my auctions (not my store) for any other Picoult fans out there

tess gerritson is a fantastic writer, i have read a few of her books, and i just couldnt put them down,

i recently read the da vinci code, i really enjoyed it

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just finished reading..Victims of memory...by Mark Pendergrast...book about people whos lives are torn apart by therapists use various ways to create false memories..omg...omg..shocking and sad..

god I must try and find that book, sounds really interesting.. I have a friend who is in therapy and all its done is make her more self indulgent, believe her own psycosis, and be totally selfish going on and on about herself eurghh.. i tried to explain that everyone has problems but sounds like her therapist is really trying to LOOK for problems that dont exist..

I only like non fiction.... was peed off when i found out james greys a million little pieces was a stretch on the truth.. thought that was the best book i have read recently but hey.. you live and learn to not take evrything at face/word value eh!!!

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsTasha View Post
    god I must try and find that book, sounds really interesting.. I have a friend who is in therapy and all its done is make her more self indulgent, believe her own psycosis, and be totally selfish going on and on about herself eurghh.. i tried to explain that everyone has problems but sounds like her therapist is really trying to LOOK for problems that dont exist..

I only like non fiction.... was peed off when i found out james greys a million little pieces was a stretch on the truth.. thought that was the best book i have read recently but hey.. you live and learn to not take evrything at face/word value eh!!!
    It's amazing how much worse off most people are after therapy!
    If you like non fiction I can recommend Zone 22, by Tig Hague - completely self pity free true story about a British businessman who gets chucked into a Russian prison when he gets caught with a fingernail of hashish in his jeans (he'd been to a stag do before flying into Russia). It's rivoting.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    I think you will be able to finish the series.

As we all know, Robert Jordan passed away in September, 2007. A Memory of Light, the twelth and final novel in The Wheel of Time
    series, was incomplete at the time of his passing. He left behind a staggering amount of notes on the world, as well as some written chapters for the final book. In addition, for the parts of the story he did not have documented in written form, he passed on in the good, old fashioned way: he told people the story. In his last days he told the story to his friends and family, who recorded it onto tape. In the months that followed his death, Harriet, Robert Jordan's beloved wife and editor, put together a comprehensive outline of this final book.
    Brandon Sanderson, an up-and-coming fantasy writer (and long-time fan of Robert Jordans's) was chosen by Harriet to bring the outline to life in the form of a published novel. Harriet will edit this book, just as she did the rest of the series.
    I'm waiting for A Memory of Light too, but then my wish list of books is never ending. In fact I have two, one for books I've not yet read, & one for books I have read but no longer own

Ever since I got my first Amstrad 8256 I've been saying that I'll catalogue my books.

Finding where they all are would be a good place to start.

There you go Wiz, if you visit this summer you can catalogue my books for me.
    Kewtonia

"Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Give me a pig. He just looks you in the eye and treats you like an equal." - Winston Churchill

My Stores

Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

My Alter egos
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web

Family
    LeadhillsOnline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Download free eBid Flyers | Free eBid & YDC Banners |

Quote Originally Posted by Kewtonia View Post
    I'm waiting for A Memory of Light too, but then my wish list of books is never ending. In fact I have two, one for books I've not yet read, & one for books I have read but no longer own

Ever since I got my first Amstrad 8256 I've been saying that I'll catalogue my books.

Finding where they all are would be a good place to start.

There you go Wiz, if you visit this summer you can catalogue my books for me.
    What I would really like to do is to have my books on shelves and not still in boxes.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    It's amazing how much worse off most people are after therapy!
    If you like non fiction I can recommend Zone 22, by Tig Hague - completely self pity free true story about a British businessman who gets chucked into a Russian prison when he gets caught with a fingernail of hashish in his jeans (he'd been to a stag do before flying into Russia). It's rivoting.
    I whole heartedly agree..and i am a therapist !..i think thats why i find it so shocking...sad that so many therapists abuse thier "knowledge"...
    J.

All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes..you must LOOK for it now and read it..cos its fab...

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you read Stuart, A Life Backwards, by Alexander Masters? It's a facinating account of the life of a homeless man, was made into a show as well. I think it's a book that would suit your tastes, and it's true! I found it both sad and uplifting, but mostly really interesting.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have recently discovered some fun, light-weight whodunnits, by Lilian Jackson Braun. I can safely mention this now I've bought your entire stock.

Thread Information