eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's the best book you've read lately?

Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    View simplispecial's Feedback (+15)
    All-About simplispecial
    View simplispecial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Thank You wizbooks

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so flippant, I am an addict of the written word to the extent that if I run out of books to read I will read the back of a cereal packet. The story is more important to me than the author and my preferences run to SF and S fantasy. You will see me in your shop sooner or later. Thanks for bringing me up to date. Carol

Quote Originally Posted by simplispecial View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound so flippant, I am an addict of the written word to the extent that if I run out of books to read I will read the back of a cereal packet. The story is more important to me than the author and my preferences run to SF and S fantasy. You will see me in your shop sooner or later. Thanks for bringing me up to date. Carol
    Most of my family (including me) read SF and Fantasy as well that is how I knew the last book was going to be written.

Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    View simplispecial's Feedback (+15)
    All-About simplispecial
    View simplispecial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Goody Goody, Can I ask advice when I empty out my loft? Over 2000 mainly PB some signed, 95% SF fantasy.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone read The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle? It's a remarkable book, very well written and although about human relationships - not in the traditional sense - would especially appeal to horse lovers.

A few days ago I finished reading The Forests of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley, this is the first prequel to the Mists of Avalon. I just adored this book and I never thought that I would like it better than Mists, but I think I do.
    Also today I finished reading The Cat who went to breakfast by Lilian Jackson-braun. I just love the Cat Who books, those felines are just crazy and adorable and so are the rest of the lovely characters.
    I think my next book to start will be the Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly, it's been calling me to read it now for awhile.

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I keep adding to this thread because I get such good reading ideas from it! Please keep letting everyone know what you've read and liked recently.

I just finished the latest Janet Evanovich book - it's number 14 in her Stephanie Plum series and she is still just as fresh and funny as ever. It's light reading sort of mystery - but every other author of this sort has burned out after a few good books. She is still great reading.

Forum Newbie
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View smartpricebooks's Feedback (+16)
    All-About smartpricebooks
    View smartpricebooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not read recently but one of my all time favourite reads was The Bruce Trilogy by Nigel Tranter, i love Fact/Fiction history and it was one of (well actually three that were then released as a trilogy in one book) those books that i couldn't put down. He was an amazing story teller of scottish history.

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchybubbles View Post
    A few days ago I finished reading The Forests of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley, this is the first prequel to the Mists of Avalon. I just adored this book and I never thought that I would like it better than Mists, but I think I do.
    Also today I finished reading The Cat who went to breakfast by Lilian Jackson-braun. I just love the Cat Who books, those felines are just crazy and adorable and so are the rest of the lovely characters.
    I think my next book to start will be the Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly, it's been calling me to read it now for awhile.
    I loved Mists too - will have to check out Forests - thanks for that. I have some Cat Who books listed in my bookshop 2.

Let us know what you think of Tea Rose OK?

Forum Lurker
    View samigail0305's Feedback (+45)
    All-About samigail0305
    View samigail0305's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm working my way throught the Tess Gerritsen books. I'm really enjoying them.
    One of my favourite books recently was Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. I read every single one of her books and think they are fab, very thought provoking. I've put that book in my auctions (not my store) for any other Picoult fans out there

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Samigails-...Handmade-Gifts

Take a peek at my store for personalised gifts for any occasion, commissions welcomed too. There are wedding, teacher, baptism, confirmation, new home, birthday, art work hanger, etc gifts.
    Christmas decorations now available

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best book i have read recently was..A tale etched in blood and hard black pencil..by Christopher Brookmre..is brought back childhood memories of school...it was soo funny but moving..really well written..im on the look out for his others now...

Thread Information