eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's the best book you've read lately?

A re-read of Daphne du Maurier's "The House on the Strand" - brilliant.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger... an original, moving story

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FabFinds View Post
    Oh yes, that was a wonderful book. Really different. I was so impressed by how she wrote it, for me it would have been a complicated story to tell.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

'Diary Of A Nobody', by George and Weedon Grossmith. I re-read this every year. A Victorian Victor Meldrew and his trials and tribulations as he encounters all the problems of the modern Victorian age, made worse by his (Charles Pooter's) pomposity and the irreverance of his son, Lupin.

Little Big

Little, Big tells the epic story of Smoky Barnable -- an anonymous young man who meets and falls in love with Daily Alice Drinkwater, and goes to live with her in Edgewood, a place not found on any map. In an impossible mansion full of her relatives, who all seem to have ties to another world not far away, Smoky fathers a family and tries to learn what tale he has found himself in -- and how it is to end.
    Last edited by exoticincense; 1st July 2008 at 04:06 AM.

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eleyne81 View Post
    Best Book Ive Read Lately Has Got To Be The Secret Diary Of Ann Boleyn A Very Moving Insite Into How She Felt About Elizabeth1 And Some Of The Terrible Things Henry Done Just To Get His Heir To The Throne.A Must For All Those Historical Novel Fans Out There.
    :P
    I agree, I have read that book, I like historical novels as long as they are factual, don't like slushy romance novels. I like Stephen king and Dean Koontz, read his first two novels in the Odd series, have'nt got round to reading the next, wonder if anyone's selling it? must look, at the moment i am quite into Martine Cole, have read about seven of her novels, not for anyone who thinks life's a box of chocolates********very raw and at times stomach churning.
    Good Morning to anyone reading at 5.15am this Tuesday

Cramlington, Northumberland, United Kingdom
    View simplispecial's Feedback (+15)
    All-About simplispecial
    View simplispecial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just re-read Crystal line by Anne McCaffrey (thanks HannaHolly) an author I always enjoy. Biggest grief is that I have been working my way through The wheel of Time by Robert Jorden and now Will never know how it would have ended, he died last November before he finished the final book in the set - How Dare He!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simplispecial View Post
    Just re-read Crystal line by Anne McCaffrey (thanks HannaHolly) an author I always enjoy. Biggest grief is that I have been working my way through The wheel of Time by Robert Jorden and now Will never know how it would have ended, he died last November before he finished the final book in the set - How Dare He!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you will be able to finish the series.

As we all know, Robert Jordan passed away in September, 2007. A Memory of Light, the twelth and final novel in The Wheel of Time
    series, was incomplete at the time of his passing. He left behind a staggering amount of notes on the world, as well as some written chapters for the final book. In addition, for the parts of the story he did not have documented in written form, he passed on in the good, old fashioned way: he told people the story. In his last days he told the story to his friends and family, who recorded it onto tape. In the months that followed his death, Harriet, Robert Jordan's beloved wife and editor, put together a comprehensive outline of this final book.
    Brandon Sanderson, an up-and-coming fantasy writer (and long-time fan of Robert Jordans's) was chosen by Harriet to bring the outline to life in the form of a published novel. Harriet will edit this book, just as she did the rest of the series.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just finished "No Wind of Blame", by Georgette Heyer. Her detective novels are not as well known as her romances, but I'm a whodunit junkie (and loathe historical romance!) so I always wade through boxes of Heyers hoping for a good crime to surface!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FabFinds View Post
    I read that when it first came out and thought it excellent. I've recently been listening to the audio version and got interrupted... so thank you for the reminder that I need to listen to the rest!

Thread Information