eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's the best book you've read lately?

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just finished Lottery by Patricia Wood which tells the story of what happens to Perry L Crandall when he wins $12m.
    A truly lovely novel that makes you believe in the main character and gives you a lot to think about. I've heard that it's up for the Orange Prize this year as well.

Volcano by Richard Doyle. He's also written Flood which I haven't read yet, just hope it's better than the film. Anyway the book was absolutely brilliant, a real page turner with lots of action by Mother Nature

In the middle of a book called Siberia by Ann Halam, My Grandaughter said I "must read it" what a fantastic and fascinating childrens (teenager) book this is.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The Ice People

My latest update:
    I've just finished reading Spellbound: The Legend of the Ice People by Margit Sandemo. This is the first in a series and I can't wait to read the next one, but it hasn't even been published yet! The story is based around a young Norwegian girl whose family has been wiped out by the Plague. She flees the village and, in so doing, ends up caring for 2 small children - one whose mother died and the other, a mystery child. As the story unfolds, it becomes clear that both these children have a secret to their pasts... it's 16th Century tales of the supernatural, love, torment, romance, devastation... if you read and enjoyed Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear then you should enjoy this. UK version not available until next month, however!
    Last edited by nykmedia; 12th May 2008 at 06:06 PM.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Zone 22 by Tig Hague - amazing, and true, story about a Brit sent to a Russian prison due to a group of small errors. Couldn't put it down, can't get it out of my head.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanUK View Post
    I've just finished Lottery by Patricia Wood which tells the story of what happens to Perry L Crandall when he wins $12m.
    A truly lovely novel that makes you believe in the main character and gives you a lot to think about. I've heard that it's up for the Orange Prize this year as well.
    Lottery is a good read isn't it? I really enjoyed that one too. K

The best one in page turning terms that I've read in the recent past just has to be the last Harry Potter one, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That was an all night gottaknowwhathappens read.

That's a bit sad isn't it....I'll get me coat.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's definitely one that you want to keep and read again, KLJ - apparently she is writing another, not a sequel, but along the lines of 'if you like Lottery, you'll love this!'
    Can't wait!

Best one I've read lately is The Soldier's Return by Melvyn Bragg. Had not read any of his books before and half expected not to like it but it was surprisingly good. Very evocative of the post war era, would recommend it.

Thread Information