Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How about emailing members G&M !!!!

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How about emailing members G&M !!!!

I was on a spending spree tonight and instead of bidding on to much i seemed to be reporting loads of people for posting multiple listings and all i done was typed in Region 2 in the search as i was looking for dvd's to buy because i haven't to many due to just getting a dvd player and i also looked through the Bulk auctions because i take a look now and again to see if there is anything in there rarther than all the ""Wholesale"" and ""How to do well in auction"" items !!

How about sending an email out to members like you do with the news letter stateing MULTIPLE LISTINGS are not allowed or all your auctions might get deleted then it might cut down the amount of people doing so as i would put alot of it down to newer members not reading the rules and i think if a email was sent out some would stop doing multiples and then there will be less ""Why was my auctions deleted"" messages in the forum

Default Re: How about emailing members G&M !!!!

bump

good idea -

could it go into the newsletter sent out?
    there seems a lot more multiples at the moment doesn't there :?

Default Re: How about emailing members G&M !!!!

How about using the time instead to implement multiple categories? That would reduce the temptation of multiple posting, at least for some sellers.

Plus, it would get higher bids. If I list an item in cat A, plus another the same in cat B, fewer prospects are going to view each auction, so there's less competition.

Multiple categories are good for the site (fewer mult posts), good for sellers (see above) and no doubt someone will be along RSN to explain why they're good for buyers too. It's a win-win.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information