Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Closing auctions early

Default Re: Closing auctions early

Allow any seller to close auctions early providing that no bids have been placed. Could be a duplicate, item could have been broken, lost or stolen, sold at car boot (I've done that once ops: )

At moment until buyers increase, one bid is normally enough to win most auctions.

If a seller wants to close an auction early when bids have been placed, then what about a email request goes from seller to buyer (automatically by Ebid) with reason for early closure (item broken etc). If buyer agrees auction can be cancelled, if not the auction runs, leaving the buyer the opportunity to leave relevant feedback, if they think the seller is telling porkie pies.

Also, perhaps come kind of counter system for sellers who are are trying to close auctions early with bids on them.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

ZX Spectrum games, VHS Videos, Magazines & Football Programmes - Just click here !

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Combining the ideas of promoting the site, and counters on auctions ....

One idea I've often wanted is the ability to have a private counter that lists how many people are "watching" an item.

View counters are great and help you know if you're listing in the right category, but "watching" counters help you to know the genuine interest in your listing both as a seller and as a buyer.

As a seller you can spot items with lots of views and no watching - that tells you to either adjust the price or the description.

As a buyer you can estimate the amount of final bids likely to arrive and make sure you're online in the last ten minutes - more fun than sniping, and more useful for those of us still limited to modem dial-up connections.

Also, no other site has this feature - it would be another differentiating factor to keep eBid in the lead.

Gaz

Forum Lurker
    View pid2000's Feedback (+13)
    All-About pid2000
    View pid2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

If somebody is reaching satisfactory prices within 1 or 2 bids then and don't want to run longer (in case they make too much?) then they should use buy-it-now or run short auctions. Either 3 days or 2 days first bid for example.
    If they have a genuine reason to cancel a bid-on auction then they can contact 'da boyz' and e-mail the bidder.
    So what's the problem?

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I think Auctions should run the length of time the user has started it on as i find alot of people will bid when they know the auction is comming to an end (myself included) and if a seller is allowed to close early then there will be alot of people getting P#ssed off and probably look elsewhere as they was waiting for auctions to close and the seller closed early
    But i think if there is a genuine reason for the auction to be closed (damage etc) then the seller should email G&M with the reason to do so ind if it is genuine then they close it as i feel if it was an option for us to use it would be abused all the time and as stated earlier alot of people would get annoyed with it and go to other sites that it doesn't happen

I also think that BIN's should remain after the auction has started and someone has put in a low bid as if there was a BIN the person putting in the low bid would be aware that there is a chance that someone who rearly wanted the item might come along and then BIN as im sure that alot would agree with me that there BIN sales are a big part of their auction sales as i find that 70 - 80% of my sales are BIN's and feel if BIN's was to remain on after a low bid was placed then alot more would be aswell :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thread Information