eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Sellers who won't answer Q&A questions

Default Game Sellers who won't answer Q&A questions

Have you noticed the number of people who are selling games and who wont give a straight answer to Q&A questions. They respond to all Q&A queries with "email me..."

That definately sets off alarm bells in my head. I'm convinced they're dodgy.

Forum Newbie
    All-About WorldwideGameDepot
    View WorldwideGameDepot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sellers who ask to e-mail them without providing a straight answer are fishy. When a customer asks a question, we answer it right away as it should be done. We want the client to receive the attention deserved!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

It isn't just game sellers. I had a bookseller tell me they didn't have a picture of the book and when I ask if they could take one they ignored that question. They have over 10,000 listings, have made no sales, all are run till sold. I would think they would be happy to have a prospective buyer.

Or you could be like me. Here often but never get a question. lol

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have no time for people who won't answer questions, and if I'm interested in something then I usually ask a question just to test the water, so to speak. On the other hand, answers to some questions can be very telling! I came across a seller who had several games for sale that had not yet been released (one was not out for several months yet), when asked about this they suddenly said it had been a mistake - how do you list a game *with picture* by mistake?? It was a rubbish thumbnail picture taken from another famous online auction site, on closer inspection.

It's in the honest seller's interest to post questions and answers to the listing as it should help prospective buyers and stop repeat questions.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 25th May 2009 at 04:35 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Newbie
    Greater London, Middlesex, United Kingdom
    View dhb's Feedback (+6)
    All-About dhb
    View dhb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am selling some used PSP and PS3 games in excellent overall condition, and I'm happy to answer any questions! Feel free to check out my auctions (link in signature).

i am currently selling call of duty world at war and i feel that i have nothing to hide so feel free to ask me any questions

Also, I don't know about you, but if I get questions about my auctions, I will answer AND correct what the problem is. i.e description unclear? Is a measurement needed? Take pictures from the front/side/top.

Making sure your listings are clear, have the right info, and don't contain the awful phrase "email me" is important to the the sale. When something is missing from a listing, I don't bother to email, etc, I just pass that listing by.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by million2one93 View Post
    i am currently selling call of duty world at war and i feel that i have nothing to hide so feel free to ask me any questions

I got all excited and dashed straight over to have a look. I have just finished Call Of Duty 3, so would have been interested - Trouble is mine is on the Wii, and yours is PS3.

Good game though! - Good luck with it.

Oh - And welcome to Ebid by the way. I see you are new here. Hope you get settled in well, and make some sales.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Newbie
    Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
    View ncgamer's Feedback (+682)
    All-About ncgamer
    View ncgamer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a huge selection of games in my store GamezRus and i don't mind answering questions.....

Thread Information