eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Craft Tips !!!

Default Re: Craft Tips !!!

Embossing tips:

Hold the heat gun steady about 2-3" away when embossing and move along the image as it "takes"
    If you wave the gun around it has a tendency to take a bit longer and can blow the powder off.

Exceptions to the above!!
    If you are embossing on acetate, foil card, or using clear embossing powder, hold the heat gun 5-6" away or it will
    a) buckle your acetate - good acetate can be pulled back into shape if you act quickly
    b) lift the foil off the card - very difficult to get it to lay back on!
    c) blow the clear embossing powder off, the granules are slightly coarser than normal powders

I you don't have a heat gun, you can use the top of a toaster or the back of an iron (no steam though!) if you are careful.
    LUNA ST GEMS
    For All Your Crafting Needs

http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...&type=user

When you are begining a handy tip is
    Stamp or emboss your image onto a seperate piece of card and not directly onto the card you are making. If you go skew-whiff you can cut or tear the design out and mount it onto the card and your work won't be ruined.

If you do go "wrong" don't throw it away, no doubt it can be salvaged and used in a different project!

There are NO mistakes in crafting........just things that have turned out differently to what you expected...... a little like life!
    LUNA ST GEMS
    For All Your Crafting Needs

http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...&type=user

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a lot of useful tips! Thanks. I am dazed. I was sure I had something to add but can't think of anything just now.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Thread Information