eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you want info on a craft or can offer info post here.

Smile perhaps i can help too

hi, i make cards, greeting cards and wedding stationery, and would be glad to help anyone with any questions they may have. i also have lots experience in knitting and embroidery but dont do them any more. i really enjoy all crafts, i do lots of cake making/decorating, and i've just bought a latex mould and decided to start making garden ornaments to sell. My daughter makes wedding tiaras and my sister is a dressmaker so i think it must run in the family. so anyone with questions on just about anything will be welcome

Hi to anyone interested
    here is a great uk craft forum http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/index.php
    well worth joining
    just take a look

cc
    Buyers Delights for all your Clothing & Accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Buyers-Delights

The welsh Emporium for a variety of weird & wonderful items
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Welsh-Emporium

If you are not a member of Ebid and would like to join,
    clickherehttp://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

My hobby is machine knitting, I use a brother electronic 950 with garter carriage and a chunky brother 260 punchcard machine, both have ribbers. I would be pleased to help.

For art advice I'll try and help
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View celticqueen's Feedback (+28)
    All-About celticqueen
    View celticqueen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default gilding with gold leaf

Hi, everybody. I restore old picture frames (when I can get hold of them ) using gold leaf sheets.It's fiddly but very rewarding.What about a space to write a review of how to do your crafty things ?Gazza, are you listening?

Hi -

My DD does fine art at college - and makes and sells some lovely unique pieces of jewellery - has had some in art galleries too.

She really wants to do a silversmith course - if anyone knows of one in the North/central London area, or Essex, please could you let me know.

Also - does anyone know how long such courses are likely to be - and costs etc.

thanks!

T40

Default Unmounted rubber stamps and stamping

Hi. My name is frank and I can offer advice on mounting unmounted rubber stamps as well as using rubber stamps for card making, collage work, polymer clay,fabrics etc I can also find out answers for pottery, clay work, glass painting,etc as my sister is a lecturer in arts and crafts at a local college just send a message
    Last edited by stamperuk; 9th March 2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added extra info
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Hi

Mostly I make embellishments for cards, make cards, do scrapbooking, encaustic art, beading, designing stamps, lots and lots of other things as well! i love playing with shrink plastic and also polymer clay!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frank, What do you use rubber stamps for with polymer clay, please?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by tompkins40 View Post
    My DD does fine art at college - and makes and sells some lovely unique pieces of jewellery - has had some in art galleries too.

She really wants to do a silversmith course - if anyone knows of one in the North/central London area, or Essex, please could you let me know.

Also - does anyone know how long such courses are likely to be - and costs etc.

thanks!

T40
    Hi Tompkins, It's not in the area you were asking for, but the Birmingham School of Jewellery does summer classes throughout the summer holidays. A few years ago I took various courses including Jewellery Making - Beginners (5 days) and Stonesetting - Beginners (5 days). There were all great courses and very well taught. If your DD could find somewhere cheap to stay for the duration (YHA maybe) then I would recommend them as a great starter.

For more info and to see this years brochure go to this page: http://www.biad.bcu.ac.uk/courses/sh...hort_jewellery and then scroll down to the link to the Jewellery Short Courses pdf. For this year both the courses I took are £395 and you do have a list of tools you need to provide as well, although if you don't have them then you can pick them up locally as the School is in the Jewellery Quarter which is full of shops selling everything you could need.

She may be too late to sign up for some of the classes this year, places do go quite quickly, but it can't hurt to look.

BTW the guy who takes the Jewellery Making Beginners class, Carton Campbell, is absolutely brilliant.

Thread Information