eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you want info on a craft or can offer info post here.

Default Re: If you want info on a craft or can offer info post here.

Quote Originally Posted by aries458
    If anyone need help with:
    paper making, Soap making, mixing your own perfumes with essential oils, printing, pottery,glazing,glaze recipes, kiln repair, firing, design ideas for pottery, horse hair pottery and other areas of pottery making just ask and I'll try to help as much as possible
    Ooh aries you gonna get sick of me!!, :lol:

i do paper making but only the basic kind, would love to learn more about it!

and soap making!!

have bought some clay but it is still in my "to do cupboard" waiting for inspiration!! :lol:

Hi Aries I'd love some info on paper making if thats ok.

Hi everyone,

I do embroidery but can't make clothes very well yet, I learnt to knit when I was four but keep that for cold winter evenings.
    I love painting, watercolour mostly that's about it really, but I am interested in candles, soap, mosaics..

If anyone has the time to explain about the basics of card making I would be very grateful... I've always wanted to make cards, I have tried on the computer :roll: but I would prefer to make them by hand..
    I haven't got a clue where to start..

Hi there Shelly2

What exactly do you want to know?
    Do you want to know the basics of rubber stamping (which I warn you now is addictive and you won't stop there!) or simple layering of card or paper on card,
    Give me a clue and I will help if I can.
    As a start to basic card making, I would advise you get 2 or 3 sheets of good cardstock, a couple of papers you really like, good glue or double sided tape, 1 or 2 sheets of Peel-Offs and just sit down and play!
    Try cutting the card and paper in different sized rectangles and lay them one on top of the other so it looks like you have 2 or 3 borders around the centre piece. Put a Peel-Off you like in the centre of the smallest piece and when you are happy with the design, stick them all down onto your card. If you feel it's not enough, colour in the Peel-Off with ordinary pencils, or water colours. (Later we can discuss the merits of Stamping, embossing, glittering etc. haha)
    You don't have to be particularly good at art, just look at cards in shops to get ideas. Your creativity is locked away in your head, it just needs unleashing!
    Remember, you don't have to have a lot to start, but it will grow, believe me!
    There are NEVER mistakes made in crafting, just because it didn't quite go the way you planned the 1st time, take it to pieces and put it on differently. Or use it on another piece another time!

Good luck!
    LUNA ST GEMS
    For All Your Crafting Needs

http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...&type=user

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beautifultemptress
    Hi Aries I'd love some info on paper making if thats ok.
    Hi Beautifultemptress
    I was trying to get together a few directions on various catagories to post. Maybe it can spark some interests in some crafts/art.
    I love your painting! Did you do it? (your avatar/pic) I have some great projects you may be interested in too for paper making

Ooh aries you gonna get sick of me!!,

i do paper making but only the basic kind, would love to learn more about it!

and soap making!!

have bought some clay but it is still in my "to do cupboard" waiting for inspiration!!
    Hi Hely!
    OOOOO! You have clay just sitting there? Break it out and I'll give you a few projects you can do in your kitchen. You don't need a huge area for it
    I'm going to break out my paper making recipies and post some with some projects....I'll get them on here within a couple of days. Firing the kiln and pounding out pots so my energy level is wiped by the time I can get on here...
    Anyone can PM me if they like
    Playin in the mud

All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had to post this...please forgive me....I entered my daughter's art in the county fair here monday...she didn't want me to, thinking it was ugly (aren't we our own worst critics of our art? )
    I took a peek yesterday after the judging, the fair isn't open yet to the public until today....
    Well, she won first place blue ribbon!!!
    I am sooo proud of her!
    Just bragging...sorry folks...
    Playin in the mud

Hi Aries thats great about your daughters art work winning. She must be very talented.

I'd love any info on paper making you can give me. It's something I have always fancied doing but never gotten round to it.

My avatar is one I painted myself. There are two other pics I swap it with that I painted as well.

I wish I could afford a kiln. I love pottery but it's too expensive so I have to stick to cheper crafts at the moment.

All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beautifultemptress
    Hi Aries thats great about your daughters art work winning. She must be very talented.

I'd love any info on paper making you can give me. It's something I have always fancied doing but never gotten round to it.

My avatar is one I painted myself. There are two other pics I swap it with that I painted as well.

I wish I could afford a kiln. I love pottery but it's too expensive so I have to stick to cheper crafts at the moment.
    If you entered the County fair here with your paintings, you'd surly win first place! It's wonderful!
    I'm putting some ideas on my word program because this stupid ISP drops off in the middle of my posting sometimes...
    As far as pottery, do you have a ceramic studio near your place? Sometimes they will rent out kiln time to the public, also schools will do the same. Look into it. You don't need a wheel or slab roller either. You can coil pots, which are more favorable to shoppes because they have a wonderful look, and you can make great plates and trays using a rolling pin and kitchen table! I started out by making wall pouches in a travel trailer! Easy to make and you can decorate them any way you like...OOOOO...now I have to write on "pottery in the home, without a wheel". I'll see what I can come up with.
    Playin in the mud

Hi Aries,

That is brilliant I bet you are proud! it's a good confidence boost when something like that happens, Does your daughter know yet?

glennis,

When I mean basics I wasn't kidding :roll: :lol:
    what weight card?
    what is sissix?
    are peel offs the sticky back shapes?

When the card is folded, do you use anything to flatten the creases? because I always had trouble trying to get it the right shape & not twisted..

Thanks

If you entered the County fair here with your paintings, you'd surly win first place! It's wonderful!
    I'm all embarrassed now ops: .

Has your daughter discovered she's won yet? I bet she's delighted isn't she? You ought to post it on here so we can all see how brilliant it is.

I am actually going to try and do a pottery course this September if it's still running. It's at a local college. I went for two years a while ago and made loads of mugs and stuff, most of which have been dropped . I left as the teacher wouldn't show me how to do slip casting but then a week or so later he taught someone else how to do it.

Still I don't care even if it is the same teacher as I'll just teach myself stuff. Still I'd mainly be making mugs on the wheel. The best mug I ever made I gave away as a birthday present.

What is the horse hair pottery that you do? Also do you only use essential oils in your perfumes or do you make it from petals. I always used to try to make perfume when I was little with hot water and rose petals but it never worked.

Thread Information