Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

Default Re: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

I paint watercolour landscapes of Wales England and Europe. I paint every day.

Hello, I enjoy crafts as well but my motivation is terrible ! I was a florist for many years and when it was fashionable I made dried flower arrangements to sell in my free time. I have done some cross stitch and more recently got interested in beads and handmade jewellery. I have made a few items for myself or as gifts and have been dithering over whether I could make a business out of my hobby...meanwhile my box of beads and pliers is sitting in the corner of the room waiting for me to pull my finger out and get creative :-)

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe a trip to Sandown Racecourse for the Creative Craft Show is just what you need to inspire you. It works for me every time

yes, sounds good. I always come back from those things with more stuff and full of enthusiasm...lol.
    I like to go to the Rock'n'Gem show at Kempton and went to the Bead fair as well last year. With the jewellery making, the fun part is choosing the materials but the tricky bit as a novice is finding out about equipment,findings and sizes of beads,wires and stringing materials etc. I start researching and then run out of steam before I get to my bead box !

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: crafts

I now do as many workshops as I can fit in when at a show. I don't buy so much then

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I now do as many workshops as I can fit in when at a show. I don't buy so much then
    Ha ha, sounds like a plan ! It can be tempting to go a bit wild. At the Bead show I spent ages on a stall with a young woman who made her own glass beads by hand, it was fascinating . Some of the large one-off beads she had made were beautiful.
    I have looked up the craft show you mentioned and there is one at the beginning of september,so I'll definitely be going along to that- thanks ! :-)

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If all goes to plan I will be there on Friday, but got to make sure that I am back from Germany first

Yes, if I don't have a job by then I will probably go on the friday as well as it may be less busy. When I lived in London I'm sure I used to go to that show at Alexandra Palace with my mum for my Cross stitch patterns. We used to be there all day and be thoroughly exhausted by the time we came home !

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been toying with going to Alexandra Palace, but it sound a bit complicated getting there

Yes, it would be from here unless you're driving. I lived in Islington at the time which isn't too far, but even from there it was a complicated journey so I used to take the car. It is a lovely venue - very big, worth visiting one day just to see it. Lovely views of London, it is on top of a big hill and was a well known spot for a picnic or a romantic evening drive :-)

Thread Information