eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

Forum Newbie
    View FunCakesForYou's Feedback (+189)
    All-About FunCakesForYou
    View FunCakesForYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Catvinnat - thanks so much!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that!

Forum Lurker
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View tiabooks's Feedback (+6)
    All-About tiabooks
    View tiabooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Handmade albums & books

Hello
    I moved over about a month ago

I made albums and books for all occasions.

At the moment, to get started I am selling full sheets of mulberry paper, rubber stamps, toppers - but will lessen these once I start selling my books

Love reading the forums and learning new things - I like it when you ask a question and you receive such a friendly and patient answer (we're not all wizzkids!) - it's nice.

Tia

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/tiabooks

Forum Newbie
    View sashacat's Feedback (+14)
    All-About sashacat
    View sashacat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    I like cross stitch and love beading. I make all different types of beaded jewellery and Im currently trying out beaded flowers.

Forum Lurker
    View samigail0305's Feedback (+45)
    All-About samigail0305
    View samigail0305's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm doing pyrography. I also love cross stitch, glass engraving and glass painting

cabinfever - that chair and table set is amazing!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Samigails-...Handmade-Gifts

Take a peek at my store for personalised gifts for any occasion, commissions welcomed too. There are wedding, teacher, baptism, confirmation, new home, birthday, art work hanger, etc gifts.
    Christmas decorations now available

Hi all, I come from a crafty (hehe) family. My sister is an artist in Dublin who works with many media, she just came second in an artist competition in the dirty auld town so she is chuffed.. My mum is a caligrapher and also works with fine embroidery, beading, embossing etc. They are both very talented. Both my grandparents were respected art teachers in fife scotland and some of my grandfathers oils and caligraphy are stunning.
    I have recently taken up crafts as I have 2 children 98 and 11 months) and am due another next month.. I slipped a disc inmy back last month and live 25 miles from the nearest large town so I need something to do more than just waiting for sales to keep me busy!
    I have started working with wood, doing simple personalised door signs and want to do coat hangers and bedroom wooden decoratons such as mobiles etc.
    I am finding it quite hard to find information on the type of paints, varnishes and techniques that would make my crafting easier... was wondering do any of you know any websites dedicated to wood crafting or have any pointers for me. I love doing this and last night finished 30 names (popular irish names!) with a view to mounting them over the week. I will be looking into the american market and also doing irish designs. Anyway, I ramble!!! Allthingstasha x

Also was going to mention if you go up to quick links there are a number of social groups, might be worthwhile starting one for crafters or specific crafts..
    AllThingsTasha xxx

Hi there, Welcome, My goodness you must be a busy lady, with two wee ones to look after and a third around the corner, where do you find the time to craft!!! Wish you all the best with your store, had a look, some nice stuff.

Thankyou, I am busy but have to take time in the evenings when the house is quiet (or 6am!) to do things just for me... I think sometimes when you have kids you forget who you are and I am fighting this by keeping my brain active! The only thing is not being able to make as much mess as i would like to.
    I am hoping to get my craft items in a shop here over the next couple of months but the way I see it is I want to have stock first and enough to also do car boots etc. Still waiting for first sale on the clothes so I suppose its just a wait and see game, and while i am waiting i will keep crafting and posting!!!
    Off to have a look around your shops now!! I love looking at other peoples crafts!!! Happy ebidding

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are some really talented people here!

I sew my own clothes and modify regular clothing for my mom, who is bedridden, so her items fit more comfortably and offer better coverage for her. I enjoy piecing quilt tops but dislike quilting, so I take the tops to the Amish who live nearby and pay them to finish the project. Other things I enjoy are knitting, wire-wrapping, beading, drawing, and have just laid in a supply of pipestone to begin working with. We make soy wax candles for our business but somehow that doesn't feel "crafty" anymore. I enjoy designing logos and goofing around with fonts, anything to do with lettering, and have enjoyed calligraphy but seem never to do it anymore.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought it was time to give this thread a bump. We have so many new ones here, lets see what new talent there is

Here is my latest. The knitting was quick, it just took me ages to find the time to put him together

Thread Information