My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over 18s main category

Default Over 18s main category

I'd like to see an Over 18s main category for adult material.

Currently there are a total of 1019 adult items for sale on eBid, which is more than for the Antiques, Household Goods, Internet, Office & Industrial, Sporting Goods, Tickets & Travel and Wholesale & Large Lots categories.

So why are the adult items hidden away amongst the flotsam and jetsam of Whatevers Left!?

I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't know that adult items are actually allowed on eBid, either because they've come from eBay where they're not or they can't find them.

As well as helping potential buyers, having a separate section would make it much less likely that sellers of adult items would put them in the wrong place, in Movies & DVDs for example, and offend people.

If the section was called Adult, it would be right at the top of the list on the left-hand side of the page, but I'm not asking for that. Call it Over 18s and it will appear further down the list.

Everybody would understand that the name means what it says. If you're interested in this sort of material and you're over 18, click on the link to see the sub-categories. If you're not interested or not over 18, don't. It's as simple as that.

QXL has a section called Over 18s. I had a lot of success there until listing fees were re-introduced, since when it's gone really downhill.

Default Re: Over 18s main category

Agree with this and make it so you can search it!
    It could be that your purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thanks for the support!

OI!! flotsam and jetsam.... I'm in there!

i agree with you too...... I think it should have its own category... if only so that it doesn't get seen by people who aren't looking for it....

Poor G&M.. they are going to get fed up with this subject.... :lol: :wink:

Sophia

I'm sure the flotsam and jetsam is very nice flotsam and jetsam!

Add my name to the list of supporters of this idea!!

Thread Information