eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: images & charging

Default Re: images & charging

Completely useless with computers and digital cameras My son somehow made the pics smaller on my camera but still comes up over 60k and even if I try to upload at 60k then it says something about pixels!!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? Now I have loads of tiny tiny pics half pics and huge pics in my documents! Have to get rid of all the rubbish now. My son showed me how to do it .Ot looked easy and now I am completely messed up again I dont mind paying a % of sales

Forum Lurker
    View thorpepie's Feedback (+107)
    All-About thorpepie
    View thorpepie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just looked and it cost 15p to have a gallery image on Eb:twisted:y

I dont think it should be as expensive as on ebay due to the much lesser number of site members - maybe a max of 10p

Quote Originally Posted by designedbyfrances
    I at the moment I host my pics outside of ebid and this allows me to have my pic in the thumbnail but if I had to start paying ebid as well as my host then I'm afraid I would not be a happy bunny.
    If you are having a thumbnail on your listings, then you are paying Ebid for the option, to make your listing stand out.

You can't have a thumbnail at the side of your listing on Ebay for free (regardless of where the image may be), so why any different on Ebid ?

Personally, I would show thumbnails on all listings, this would make all viewers of the listing, have an idea what they may be about to click on, and make the browsers experience a little more pleasant.

For people who make a sale then a FVF would apply.

However to keep, people happy who may not want to pay any fees, then they could opt out of thumbnails. If they have a picture in their auction, they still get the little camera icon, as they do now.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

ZX Spectrum games, VHS Videos, Magazines & Football Programmes - Just click here !

Forum Lurker
    View thorpepie's Feedback (+107)
    All-About thorpepie
    View thorpepie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spireitedaz

If you are having a thumbnail on your listings, then you are paying Ebid for the option, to make your listing stand out.

You can't have a thumbnail at the side of your listing on Ebay for free (regardless of where the image may be), so why any different on Ebid ?
    Because the whoel idea of ebid is that it is free and there are NO Final listing fees

well i dont want to be rude, but firstly

a few pennies will turn into pounds one day

also i dont like "forced" charges. infact i dont like charges at all, which is why i've recommended everyone i know to ebid (and most have considered a move, and a few have actually moved, myself included).

i am VERY sorry to hear about these charges, as i am almost upto my 200th bulk list auction (offline atm). I could very easily have 500 auctions on here, and maybe in a few months, a few thousand (by christmas).

QXL HAS ROBBED ME FOR £50 AND I ONLY HAD 3 SALES, OF WHICH 2 WERE NPB'S - THATS BECAUSE OF THEIR RESERVE PRICE WHICH THEY (USED) TO FORCE UPON YOU IN THE QXL QUICKSELLER PROGRAM TOOL.

EBAY HAVE ROBBED ME FOR £60 AND OUT OF THAT I HAD 3 OR 4 SALES.

it had to be expected i guess, ebid introducing new charges etc - i wonder if it were the admin who instigated that idea? since he has the job of breaking the news to us.

i am unemployed at the moment, and have alot of bills. you find out who are the good companies, and who are the bad when you cant afford to pay them...i use ebid now to TRY and see if i can make money. what i dont want to see is aload of charges (especially when i've just been telling everyone how good ebid is - now i wont be) - the important thing is here, is people are looking for something (A)FREE and (B)GOOD and (C)FUNCTIONAL - take away a-b and c you have nothing!! because it wont be free, good or functional, because users if they are going to pay at all, will goto the best which is ebay because they have 60 million users which is a huge customer base - you can almost guarantee a sale if your price is right on ebay. i bet i'll be waiting along time to sell anything on here...i was willing to help, but i dont want to now.

anyway, i've been doing some browsing of my own and it doesnt seem to me that there is all that much business going on here. i'll bet after i've wasted days doing my bulk list of ads, that it'll all be a waste of time because 50-60% of the 100,000 users here, have only "registered" and dont use ebid.
    before they start to even think about charging us, they need at least 1MIL uers, and regular posters of items in all categories, with buyers to go with them.

main point: the reason why so many are probably joining now is because of FEES (eBay & QXL) and GREEDY auctioneers.

i rest my case

at time of writing this there has only been FIFTEEN votes cast. 200+ users have NOT VOTED!!! (HAHAHA!!)

thats because there was no "NO WE DONT WANT CHARGING" option!!!!

you watch, just when you thought a forum was a place for airing views, this one will get pulled.

Lawrence.
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by thorpepie
    Just looked and it cost 15p to have a gallery image on Eb:twisted:y

I dont think it should be as expensive as on ebay due to the much lesser number of site members - maybe a max of 10p
    + a 15p listing fee + FVF if sucsesfull

So eBid will still "free to sell" if no "features" are used, I think thats correct.

Quote Originally Posted by wood-family
    at time of writing this there has only been FIFTEEN votes cast. 200+ users have NOT VOTED!!! (HAHAHA!!)

thats because there was no "NO WE DONT WANT CHARGING" option!!!!

you watch, just when you thought a forum was a place for airing views, this one will get pulled.

Lawrence.
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Perhaps they have no strong preferance one way ore the other

Quote Originally Posted by wood-family
    well i dont want to be rude, but firstly

a few pennies will turn into pounds one day

also i dont like "forced" charges. infact i dont like charges at all, which is why i've recommended everyone i know to ebid (and most have considered a move, and a few have actually moved, myself included).

i am VERY sorry to hear about these charges, as i am almost upto my 200th bulk list auction (offline atm). I could very easily have 500 auctions on here, and maybe in a few months, a few thousand (by christmas).

QXL HAS ROBBED ME FOR £50 AND I ONLY HAD 3 SALES, OF WHICH 2 WERE NPB'S - THATS BECAUSE OF THEIR RESERVE PRICE WHICH THEY (USED) TO FORCE UPON YOU IN THE QXL QUICKSELLER PROGRAM TOOL.

EBAY HAVE ROBBED ME FOR £60 AND OUT OF THAT I HAD 3 OR 4 SALES.

it had to be expected i guess, ebid introducing new charges etc - i wonder if it were the admin who instigated that idea? since he has the job of breaking the news to us.

i am unemployed at the moment, and have alot of bills. you find out who are the good companies, and who are the bad when you cant afford to pay them...i use ebid now to TRY and see if i can make money. what i dont want to see is aload of charges (especially when i've just been telling everyone how good ebid is - now i wont be) - the important thing is here, is people are looking for something (A)FREE and (B)GOOD and (C)FUNCTIONAL - take away a-b and c you have nothing!! because it wont be free, good or functional, because users if they are going to pay at all, will goto the best which is ebay because they have 60 million users which is a huge customer base - you can almost guarantee a sale if your price is right on ebay. i bet i'll be waiting along time to sell anything on here...i was willing to help, but i dont want to now.

anyway, i've been doing some browsing of my own and it doesnt seem to me that there is all that much business going on here. i'll bet after i've wasted days doing my bulk list of ads, that it'll all be a waste of time because 50-60% of the 100,000 users here, have only "registered" and dont use ebid.
    before they start to even think about charging us, they need at least 1MIL uers, and regular posters of items in all categories, with buyers to go with them.

main point: the reason why so many are probably joining now is because of FEES (eBay & QXL) and GREEDY auctioneers.

i rest my case
    All sites have to make some charges sooner or later.

When I first started to list on Ebay, there was on listing fee, just a FVF.

IMHO a site that just charges a FVF will always be the most popular in the sellers eyes.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

ZX Spectrum games, VHS Videos, Magazines & Football Programmes - Just click here !

ok.

1. i like this site because you can buy £0.50p items and £1 items etc - ANY CHARGES on such small amounts is NOT "ON"

2. why not SCRAP ALL CHARGES and just introduce a final listing fee on items over £20 say? that way they will make a small fortune and the whole experience WILL BE fun (as it is now).

i would agree with that. but only if the final fee was a small one (like very small, not stupid rediculous charges which deter you from listing because of high charges).

as i said before i can probably list a few thousand items here by christmas - i can easily do 500 and intend on doing but i have a small problem now - my images are ALL under 100k but over 60k - i cannot and will not resize already small pictures, like 500 of them - my comp is crap as it is, as well as my internet and i need to make money fast so can you not increase the image size to 100k please[/b]

Thread Information