Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Section

Forum Newbie
    View Zyv's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Zyv
    View Zyv's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wanted Section

How about a Wanted section? The buyer puts up the item they want and starts the auction at the highest price they are willing to pay. Bidders who can supply the goods/services bid a lower price. The lowest bid wins.

Collectors might want that one special eggcup to complete their collection. You might think the kids' parties would be improved by a dry ice machine - not worth paying normal prices, but if you could get one cheaply enough... You might want a cheap soilicitor to do your conveyancing, or the best quote for re-building your house of cards. You could advertise for weapons of mass destruction and find out who's really got them...

There are a number of things I would like to get hold of, no idea how to find them. I'd certainly use it!

By the way, you do realise that making this section public is giving away valuable ideas to other auction sites? The unmentionable one, the Voldemort of auction sites, has added several categories quite suspiciously soon after the ideas appeared here.

Forum Newbie
    St Leonards-on-sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    View parrotmad's Feedback (+114)
    All-About parrotmad
    View parrotmad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wanted Section

Nice idea.. HAS to be a first, sort of a backward auction

Oh yes please, I like this one.

Forum Newbie
    View Zyv's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Zyv
    View Zyv's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yaaas. You don't have to go to all the trouble of making an entire new site. When putting up an auction you just say whether it's an auction to sell (standard auction) or an auction to buy ('backwards' auction). No new site or categories needed, just a new type of auction. I dare say there would be all kinds of technical difficulties, but I have faith in G&M. They can work miracles. (If that isn't a challenge I don't know what is!)

GOOD IDEA - some of the b2b sites use this method for the supply of office, industrial, etc products - One I have seen used is for municipal planting schemes i.e you want 1000 Silver Birch trees & the suppliers bid against each other to provide the lowest quote - can't remember the site though (used by a friend at work) - would be pointless with my small back garden - talking of which - where are my chilli seeds Zyv ?????????????? - its been a week & a half - they could be warming my curries by now !
    Cheers
    Cookey
    Doesn't YOUR Mobile Phone deserve a treat ?

Please Buy One TODAY - if you like it Buy 2 Tomorrow !

Excellent idea. There are several things I would like to get hold of but never see them for auction here or on other sites.

I am sure we would make this work, and it would be a change having buyers queuing up for things instead of a surplus of sellers.

It is a good idea. Maybe the old wanted page can be revamped. If all the ladies on the KT can follow this Gary and Mark must know that us women always win in the end.I don't know how to get the laughing smileys on but pretend there are some here. There are lots of things I need and don't want to go anywhere else for them. Please lets have the wanted page back. Susan.

Hi,

I am sure I saw mentioned that it is being worked on at the moment
    not too sure about this one... I think I will end up spending even more than I do already! :lol:

DEFINATELY a go go. Loads of stuff I want but can't find.

Thread Information