View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest, Best DVD Player!

Default Re: Cheapest, Best DVD Player!

hi

Of course it depends on wot kind of discs you are planning on watching. As bOoza says it might be alright for playing back vcd's or svcds but the quality of them is 'questionable' to say the least. If you want to watch DVD'S and get good quality playback then spend a little bit more on a decent brand MULTIREGION player.

Andy

hi

Of course it depends on wot kind of discs you are planning on watching. As bOoza says it might be alright for playing back vcd's or svcds but the quality of them is 'questionable' to say the least. If you want to watch DVD'S and get good quality playback then spend a little bit more on a decent brand MULTIREGION player.

Andy

This one can be made MULTIREGION with a few simple button presses on the remote (Instructions come with it).
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

This one can be made MULTIREGION with a few simple button presses on the remote (Instructions come with it).

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

Hi

I think what was said was a brand one, a Panasonic RV32 which can be chipped and play vcds extra is under £200 and is a top notch player (I should know I have one). The deal sounds good but having worked for WH Smith those reviews may not be as accurate as they seem (members of staff anyone??)

I know we have had a minor disagreement in the past but this is honest advice, don't want to disagree with anyone so I hope we can have a clean slate-especially as we are both Cornish!

Quote Originally Posted by josie112002
    Hi

I think what was said was a brand one, a Panasonic RV32 which can be chipped and play vcds extra is under £200 and is a top notch player (I should know I have one). The deal sounds good but having worked for WH Smith those reviews may not be as accurate as they seem (members of staff anyone??)

I know we have had a minor disagreement in the past but this is honest advice, don't want to disagree with anyone so I hope we can have a clean slate-especially as we are both Cornish!
    What? I don't get what you are saying... :?

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

The Player in question at WHSmiths is superb

I had the older version of this player for 2 years, also bought from Smiths, gave faultless service, now replaced with the new version (Old one now in the kids room), for the main room the new one is better, silver, smaller, quieter. Great features not had any problems with it,

Plays all regions, SVCD, VCD, MP3, Copies all no problem, best few quid you will Spend!

Victoria
    www.myfiat.co.uk : Information for Fiat Multipla Owners!

No you are right it was complete nonsense, what I was trying to say was that the Panasonic model is a very good player and may be a better alternative. You can pick up the RV31 or 32 online for around £100 if you have a look on WWW.Kelkoo.Co.Uk. It is a better player and probably better VFM. If you can't remember our minor squabble that is good.

Have you tried the ones in Asda. They start around £45.00.

Several friends and family members recommended it to me, I bought one and it is great. It also plays VCD's, copies and I believe it plays region 1 dvd's although i haven't tried any.

I have had no problems whatsoever with mine but Asda offer a 3 year guarantee !!

My uncle had to take one back after 18 months and they exchanged it for the newer model, no quibble. You can't beat that !

Sue

i bought my dvd player 3 years ago its a alba cost me £140 and that was cheap then plays anything you put in it and its multi region never let me down,i was looking at the dvd player from whsmiths yesterday and its got a lot of connections at the back for audio ect ect for that price its cheaper than a video player and is nice and compact i may buy one in the nr future ideal for the kitchen or where space is a issue

Thread Information