Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seller Message Board

Default Seller Message Board

Any chance that each seller could have a message board that had a button to it on each auction. Something that sellers could put a message on like "I will be away from xxxx to xxxx and unable to send items or respond to messages during this time" or "I have been unwell and unable to send items - all items will be sent by xxxx".

Just an idea so that if a seller had a problem or a holiday or anything else like that, the seller could check the auction and see if there is a message as to why they haven't received goods or had a response.

There could be a button that automatically got added to every auction that linked to the message so that if there WAS a problem or a holiday coming up you only had to change the message on that board, not every auction.

I hope this makes sense!
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Default Seller Message Board

Any chance that each seller could have a message board that had a button to it on each auction. Something that sellers could put a message on like "I will be away from xxxx to xxxx and unable to send items or respond to messages during this time" or "I have been unwell and unable to send items - all items will be sent by xxxx".

Just an idea so that if a seller had a problem or a holiday or anything else like that, the seller could check the auction and see if there is a message as to why they haven't received goods or had a response.

There could be a button that automatically got added to every auction that linked to the message so that if there WAS a problem or a holiday coming up you only had to change the message on that board, not every auction.

I hope this makes sense!
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Forum Newbie
    View sukey51's Feedback (+1349)
    All-About sukey51
    View sukey51's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller Message Board

Think that's a great idea, Kaz. I used not to post anything on th other site coming up to a holiday but with automatic relists on here it would tax my brain too much to work it out. It also would solve the problems of sudden illness which can be frustrating to buyers.

Forum Newbie
    View sukey51's Feedback (+1349)
    All-About sukey51
    View sukey51's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think that's a great idea, Kaz. I used not to post anything on th other site coming up to a holiday but with automatic relists on here it would tax my brain too much to work it out. It also would solve the problems of sudden illness which can be frustrating to buyers.

I was only thinking last night if there was a way to suspend my auctions while i was away for a week in Aug, but your idea would probably work a lot better as they could keep running

Claire
    Please check out my stores,

Movies

Books

Music

I was only thinking last night if there was a way to suspend my auctions while i was away for a week in Aug, but your idea would probably work a lot better as they could keep running

Claire
    Please check out my stores,

Movies

Books

Music

It's never a good idea to tell a stranger that your home will be left inguarded for a certain period of time.
    Especially when in this game you're more than likely to have a PC/laptop at your home alongside the usual lootable stuff.

You're better off not having any running (or at least ending) while you're away. If a seller put that they were likely to be away at a certain time, you could get people bidding just to get an address to help themselves.
    A bronze member only needs a throwaway Hotmail address and a made up street address to register.

Perhaps call into an internet café every other day to check your emails and respond to any queries should they arise rather than let the world and his wife know that your home is empty.

CJ (Mrs Suspicious-Drawers)
    Is it over yet?

It's never a good idea to tell a stranger that your home will be left inguarded for a certain period of time.
    Especially when in this game you're more than likely to have a PC/laptop at your home alongside the usual lootable stuff.

You're better off not having any running (or at least ending) while you're away. If a seller put that they were likely to be away at a certain time, you could get people bidding just to get an address to help themselves.
    A bronze member only needs a throwaway Hotmail address and a made up street address to register.

Perhaps call into an internet café every other day to check your emails and respond to any queries should they arise rather than let the world and his wife know that your home is empty.

CJ (Mrs Suspicious-Drawers)
    Is it over yet?

I have house sitters and two dogs (along with killer rabbits) - it would be a good idea - even just to mention illness or post office refurbishment etc. (Carol: did you know someone burnt down our local post office????)

I have house sitters and two dogs (along with killer rabbits) - it would be a good idea - even just to mention illness or post office refurbishment etc. (Carol: did you know someone burnt down our local post office????)

Thread Information