Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

At the end of the day at least the normal auctions have a way of having a BUY NOW method where as Dutch auctions have no way of a BUY NOW method at all until the managers get around to sorting it out ......

And one of the biggest issues i have seen since becoming a member is the amount of people who add multiple items over and over again and making the auction boards look ugly because of the same item over and over and i put alot of this down to the seller wishing to have a buy now price on their item and to do so they have to add their items seperatley ....

So if the BUY NOW was sorted in Dutch auctions first then it will stop a vast amount of repeat posted auctions as these people will start to use the DUTCH auction method because there is a buy now method in place !!

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

At the end of the day at least the normal auctions have a way of having a BUY NOW method where as Dutch auctions have no way of a BUY NOW method at all until the managers get around to sorting it out ......

And one of the biggest issues i have seen since becoming a member is the amount of people who add multiple items over and over again and making the auction boards look ugly because of the same item over and over and i put alot of this down to the seller wishing to have a buy now price on their item and to do so they have to add their items seperatley ....

So if the BUY NOW was sorted in Dutch auctions first then it will stop a vast amount of repeat posted auctions as these people will start to use the DUTCH auction method because there is a buy now method in place !!

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS
    I understand your viewpoint but I'm not sure I agree. There's nothing to stop Bulk sellers doing Dutch auctions without BIN. The truth is a large number of Bulk Sellers (not all and I assume your not among them ) relist multiple times to attract attention to themselves in a category. Giving them BIN won't make a difference.

For more site conscious people like yourself I assume you want Bulk listing BIN to guarantee that the first bid finishes the auction and speeds up sales. As mentioned in my previous posting if you present a Dutch auction BIN system like the one already available for normal auctions then I would strongly suspect that buyers won't use it because they end up paying more money for an item when the number available on the site means they clearly don't have to. Why bid even a penny more when there are 50 of the items available.

If Dutch auctions do allow BIN at Start Price (in effect first bid wins auctions) then obviously anyone who wants the item will buy it straight away and everything would be rosy. :lol: This is why I think the general principle of BIN at start price needs to be sorted first. If Gary and Mark inplement Dutch auction BIN like they have normal auction BIn then I think you are in for some disappointment.

On the issue of "at least normal auctions have BIN" I think the point is that for most sales on EBID it's not working. In my opinion the current system doesn't do what most people want (hence the POLL). Most people want BIN to provide a way of guaranteeing first bid wins auctions. This leads to much quicker sales. At present the sites BIN system only really works if the person isn't that bothered about paying that extra few pence over the start price. Down at the low price range end that most items are at this means almost no buyers use BIN. Yes it's correct to say at least normal auctions have BIN but as (I believe) it doesn't meet the requirements that most users have it may as well not be available, which is why I'd like it changed.

Keith

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS
    I understand your viewpoint but I'm not sure I agree. There's nothing to stop Bulk sellers doing Dutch auctions without BIN. The truth is a large number of Bulk Sellers (not all and I assume your not among them ) relist multiple times to attract attention to themselves in a category. Giving them BIN won't make a difference.

For more site conscious people like yourself I assume you want Bulk listing BIN to guarantee that the first bid finishes the auction and speeds up sales. As mentioned in my previous posting if you present a Dutch auction BIN system like the one already available for normal auctions then I would strongly suspect that buyers won't use it because they end up paying more money for an item when the number available on the site means they clearly don't have to. Why bid even a penny more when there are 50 of the items available.

If Dutch auctions do allow BIN at Start Price (in effect first bid wins auctions) then obviously anyone who wants the item will buy it straight away and everything would be rosy. :lol: This is why I think the general principle of BIN at start price needs to be sorted first. If Gary and Mark inplement Dutch auction BIN like they have normal auction BIn then I think you are in for some disappointment.

On the issue of "at least normal auctions have BIN" I think the point is that for most sales on EBID it's not working. In my opinion the current system doesn't do what most people want (hence the POLL). Most people want BIN to provide a way of guaranteeing first bid wins auctions. This leads to much quicker sales. At present the sites BIN system only really works if the person isn't that bothered about paying that extra few pence over the start price. Down at the low price range end that most items are at this means almost no buyers use BIN. Yes it's correct to say at least normal auctions have BIN but as (I believe) it doesn't meet the requirements that most users have it may as well not be available, which is why I'd like it changed.

Keith

Hmm... we've sold almost all our lower price items using BuyNow, when prices have been start: £1.25, increment 20p, BuyNow: £1.50. I think people will indeed pay the extra to get an item now, instead of waiting and risking disappointment. whether is is the same if there are 50 of them I don't know, but have no reason to think it wouldn't be the case.

Certainly, I myself Buy Now if I definitely want the item, and want it NOW., and just bid if I don't mind losing. I think the impatience thing counts for a lot. If you have to wait a week to find out if you got it, it's worth that extra few pence.

Hmm... we've sold almost all our lower price items using BuyNow, when prices have been start: £1.25, increment 20p, BuyNow: £1.50. I think people will indeed pay the extra to get an item now, instead of waiting and risking disappointment. whether is is the same if there are 50 of them I don't know, but have no reason to think it wouldn't be the case.

Certainly, I myself Buy Now if I definitely want the item, and want it NOW., and just bid if I don't mind losing. I think the impatience thing counts for a lot. If you have to wait a week to find out if you got it, it's worth that extra few pence.

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant.com

Very true,
    and for that same reason, as I have asked before, I would like to see the option to view all the "buy it now items" within whichever category you choose, as I myself sometimes prefer to "instant bargain" shopping, as opposed to "bid and wait forever to be eventually dissapointed at being beaten by a few pence" shopping. :lol:

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant.com

Very true,
    and for that same reason, as I have asked before, I would like to see the option to view all the "buy it now items" within whichever category you choose, as I myself sometimes prefer to "instant bargain" shopping, as opposed to "bid and wait forever to be eventually dissapointed at being beaten by a few pence" shopping. :lol:

Brian

Why the constant reference to Dutch Buy it now auctions. ? I would say that it won't necessarily be a dutch auction.

The idea of a dutch auction is to sell lots of identical items, where the number of buyers and their bids deternines the price.

Why not just call them what they are. Fixed price auctions, where the quantity could be anything from 1 to 1000, and the quantity left for sale reduces by the amount of items bought by previous buyers.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

ZX Spectrum games, VHS Videos, Magazines & Football Programmes - Just click here !

Thread Information