Thread: BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

Hi all,

I'd love to be able to set BUY IT NOW to the START PRICE of my auction as I think it would encourage people to buy more of my stuff. Currently it needs to be more (even by 1p) which I think can put people off.

I've set up a POLL to see what people think.

Cheers,
    Keith

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

Hi all,

I'd love to be able to set BUY IT NOW to the START PRICE of my auction as I think it would encourage people to buy more of my stuff. Currently it needs to be more (even by 1p) which I think can put people off.

I've set up a POLL to see what people think.

Cheers,
    Keith

Default Re: BUY IT NOW at START PRICE

Yes I agree. I have an 'auction' where I wish to sell at a fixed price and I've had to put the buy now price 1p above the start price.

It would also be nice to be able to specify multiple items, for this sort of thing.

Yes I agree. I have an 'auction' where I wish to sell at a fixed price and I've had to put the buy now price 1p above the start price.

It would also be nice to be able to specify multiple items, for this sort of thing.

View 2steps's Feedback (+525)
    All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

yep would be good. either that or a buy it now only aution option

View 2steps's Feedback (+525)
    All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

yep would be good. either that or a buy it now only aution option

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell greeting cards and the price i start them off are the price i want for them and sell them at :wink:

BUT at the moment i'm more concerned with the managers sorting out the BUY NOW on Dutch auctions as there is not a Buy now option for Dutch auctions and they are trying to get it set up and keep running into a few problems which delay it and i have 40,000 different cards to add in EBID out of my 100,000 stock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think its a great idea and would use it if it was introduced for my cards but i think getting the BUY NOW option on Dutch auctions should take priority as alot of us have been trying to get this for ages :wink:

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell greeting cards and the price i start them off are the price i want for them and sell them at :wink:

BUT at the moment i'm more concerned with the managers sorting out the BUY NOW on Dutch auctions as there is not a Buy now option for Dutch auctions and they are trying to get it set up and keep running into a few problems which delay it and i have 40,000 different cards to add in EBID out of my 100,000 stock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think its a great idea and would use it if it was introduced for my cards but i think getting the BUY NOW option on Dutch auctions should take priority as alot of us have been trying to get this for ages :wink:

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS

There is a general principle at issue here of how buy it now (BIN) works. If the guys get Dutch auction BIN working but force you to have a BIN price that's higher than your start price then you'll be in the same boat as "normal" auctions are. In fact it will probably be worse as people are unlikely to BIN an item and take the extra cost if you have 50+ of them available.

I'd hope that the general BIN / START PRICE issue can be fixed before the DUTCH AUCTION issue for this reason (and because the issue has been outstanding for at least 9 months :wink: .)

Cheers,
    Keith

Forum Lurker
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS

There is a general principle at issue here of how buy it now (BIN) works. If the guys get Dutch auction BIN working but force you to have a BIN price that's higher than your start price then you'll be in the same boat as "normal" auctions are. In fact it will probably be worse as people are unlikely to BIN an item and take the extra cost if you have 50+ of them available.

I'd hope that the general BIN / START PRICE issue can be fixed before the DUTCH AUCTION issue for this reason (and because the issue has been outstanding for at least 9 months :wink: .)

Cheers,
    Keith

Thread Information