Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE reason Ebid is slow to load

Default Re: THE reason Ebid is slow to load

We are now working on an image upload system whereby each image you upload to ebid will have an automatic thumbnail created, at about 1-3k.
    This would solve things nicely.

We are now working on an image upload system whereby each image you upload to ebid will have an automatic thumbnail created, at about 1-3k.
    This would solve things nicely.

eBid items take 1-3 mins to load on my 56k
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

>We are now working on an image upload system whereby each image you upload to ebid will have an automatic thumbnail created, at about 1-3k

Would be possible to have two options for image aspect ratio, say images of sizes 400x600 and 600x400 (kind of landscape and portrait), rather than just resizing to one fixed aspect ratio image size? Most of my items are best shown in portrait.

>We are now working on an image upload system whereby each image you upload to ebid will have an automatic thumbnail created, at about 1-3k

Would be possible to have two options for image aspect ratio, say images of sizes 400x600 and 600x400 (kind of landscape and portrait), rather than just resizing to one fixed aspect ratio image size? Most of my items are best shown in portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    We will be stopping showing non-ebid hosted images in our listings, these will change to the little camera icon....

Images hosted at eBid will have the option to show the picture in the listings or not... (images will always be shown on the auction page itself)

Not will be free, but an image in the listing we will charge a few pence for...

This will speed the site up because only thumbnails will be shown on search results and category pages, and also will allow us a bit of income to push the site and really get things rolling.

G
    sounds brilliant !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edjxp
    I am on a 56k (conected at only 31k) and it only takes me about a min to load fully.

I am on a 56k (conected at only 31k) and it only takes me about a min to load fully.

Thread Information