eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary or Mark Can We Please Change The Reporting System

Default Gary or Mark Can We Please Change The Reporting System

:?: Is it possible to change the reporting system so that only links can be reported, just lately this is really being abused and seems to me to be being used as an opportunity to slag off the site more than to legitimately report unwanted items.

Or just scrap it all together and make it an email only report.
    Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

Forum Lurker
    View f3speech's Feedback (+1703)
    All-About f3speech
    View f3speech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gary or Mark Can We Please Change The Reporting System

I know wht you mean about the slagging off, but I think the comments should stay as what one person might find ropey might not be the same for others... did you see the one about the FHM magazine? SOmeone was offended that it had 'sex' in the title. A few other pointed out that you can buy it in WH Smiths, and they had a fair point.

I think the opinions help.

How about only letting registered members get into it? I have noticed tht it's mostly guests that do the slagging off.

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it should go back to where you email the managers about these such items and all this section is doing is highlighting the bad side of Ebid and i also dont like the Guest and Anon way of doing it and recon if you didnt want your name shown then you should have emailed Gary and Mark
    As guests are useing the board to slag off others

And what stops them adding to the main boards and start trouble in there.......

Before we had all these new members the subject was brought up about such a board and it was dismissed as the rules then stated if you know of such auctions email the managers and most said it would be bad to have such a board in here due to missuse as in my opinion if someone was to add a name of a legitamate person to the board others will see the name and associate them with bad selling even though there items are ok and when they are looking through the auctions they might see a the persons name on an auction and as they remember the name from name and shame board they wont bid as they persume they are dodgy even though they are legitamate

I ALSO THINK ANY MESSAGES PLACED BY ANY GUESTS ETC ON ANY BOARD SHOULD BE DELETED AS I THINK THIS FORUM SHOULD BE FOR PEOPLE WHO WISH TO ADD MESSAGES IN THEIR OWN NAME AND NOT HIDE BEHIND A GUEST STANDING...IF YOU WANT TO REPORT AS ANON ETC DO IT THROUGH EMAIL TO THE MANAGERS AND THEY ARE DISCREET ENOUGH NOT TO SAY TO OTHERS WHERE THEY GOT THE INFO FROM

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I would also like to add since this board and the apperance of guests adding to the boards (even though its just the reporting bad auctions board at the moment..God knows where it will end) it has made the forum ugly with all the slagging off and with guests etc and i only add to here nowadays when i feel i either have something to say or can be of help to someone as i disagree totaly with having such a board in here let alone having people useing guest standing to use it.......

The guests doing the reporting or slagging off, could be registered members, who do not want their selling id to be seen.

It is possible for them to have their auctions sabotaged.

I agree with you mustardtree but then if we did just email in then they would be protected against that also.

Another way of doing it would be to make it a post only thread, so the only people that could read it were mark and gary.

I'm just really getting fed up of the negative posts that have been going on, I suppose I could just ignore it all together and from one certain user I intend to from now on because my opinion is that he/she is just out to highlight as much negativity on the site as they can, as well as having a go at us the users, whidh I think is bang out of order.

I think in theory the auction patrol is good because obviously mark and gary are too busy to check out every single listing and so must rely on us to help them out and this in turn is what we want as we do not want a site where anything goes, but also we all get on really well on here and we do not want users signing up to deliberately slag us all down especially when we are all working so hard to build it up.

Maybe a button could simply be added to each auction: "Report this auction". Even if it's just a <mailto:support@ebid.co.uk?subject=(auctioni d)>

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the name of the person who has posted a message in there now says it all ......ANOTHER NOSEY NON BUYER...... And think alot of the posts are made by people who wish to make the site look bad and ugly and even cause trouble as they now can say to others go look in ebid forum and look at all the crap items they allow etc :!: :!: :!:

LETS JUST GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM AND EMAIL THE MANAGERS WITH ANY PROBLEM / UNWANTED AUCTIONS AND GET RID OF THIS DREADFULL BOARD AS ALL IT DOES IFT MAKE THE SITE LOOK BAD AND UGLY .........

Just my 0.02c worth, but maybe this board was started to save Gary and Mark from getting 100's of e-mails about the same auction...

Don't know for sure, just being a Numpty I guess....

Yups I can see that Gary & Mark wouldnt really want the same email over and over, thats why I suggested a link only report in the first place, that way it would still appear on the auction patrol but without any of the comments that go along with it, there's nothing stopping whoever the listing belongs to from emailing gary and mark and putting their case forward then also but it would cut out all the snide comments that have been posted

Thread Information