eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any coin collectors here?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mikejacrowe View Post
    I've not managed to sell a single coin yet , and I've not noticed any other coin auctions get a bid either.

eBid needs a big push to attract the coin collectors, just look at eBay, thousands of pounds get traded daily on coins.

Any one out there??

Mike the Lonely Coin Collector
    HI,I'm from USA,I buy & sell on feabay,just hear of e-bid and joined, have a few bidds on some coins and may list some to sell,fees are fair-but you guys are going to have to promote the site or something,theres not enought coins listed-fea-bay is overpriced,although I have sold and purshased hundreds of coins I am and I'm sure 1000's of other coin collectors and sellers are looking for a place like yours that has lower fees,thanks Tom-hobiejoe

View TruantCoins's Feedback (+760)
    All-About TruantCoins
    View TruantCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just registered and will be selling coins regularly on eBid, or until I get too busy to handle the sales! Actually did a good number of sales on feeBay and just recently decided to try listing here.

So far I only have a few coins in my store, but plan to add a few everyday until I have a decent list. Experimentally I have listed a low priced coin, a low-priced mint set and a high cost 1/2 ounce gold coin to test the waters. If there are some coin friends out there then I should get a hit or two.

Happy Bidding! Truant Coins - See what you are missing!

http://us.ebid.net/stores/TruantCoins

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. welcome to ebid. Because ebid has lower traffic than feebay it's best to play to ebids strengths and list as much as you can for free to maximuse your chances of being discovered.

Use a mix of short 3 day recurring auctions ( so you get to the front of the queue more quickly) and much longer auctions with BIN prices included so your listings get picked up for the regular uploads to google products.

Good luck with your sales, ebid needs a different strategy to feebay- there are lots of userful hints for new sellers on the help boards :0)

Have sent orders around the globe in the last week. England, Italy & the U.S.A. Thanks Ebid for a great auction site.

I have over 16 bids on currency here on Ebid. To a bidder in Italy. So something is working here on Ebid. Keep the faith. Keep listing something will happen.+

I've collected coins since I was a teen and worked occasionally for a coin shop. I do not have a lot of coins, just a few really special ones, well special to me anyway.

(Including a German 3 Mark from 1922)

It is just amazing to sit and hold an item, in it's protective case that is, that someone had in their pocket so long ago! Like the 1896 Honk Kong dime I have, or any of the others.

I too, am a coin collector. Buyer and seller.

Keep an eye on my auctions; I hope to sell several lots of Buffalo nickels in coming weeks.

When I looked for this guys auctions I do not see any.

If you don't list items how can you expect to sell any????
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

I collect wheat pennies!!!!!! I also Collect $2.00 Bills!! I am always on the look out for them and the wheat penny coin books to put them in!

Thumbs up no coins but i do have a nine shilling note

hi, no coins apart from 2004 football coins,but i do have a nine shilling note albeit it is as bent as a nine bob note,
    i tend to use them as a fun business card and hand them out as a mystery gift with sales of over £30.00.
    i have one for sale now on ebid but it is also there to bring buyers into my site to encourage them to look at my other items.

just joined and waiting for first sale.

take a look -

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...8-0&mo=auction
    Last edited by nineshillingnote; 25th May 2008 at 03:02 PM.

Thread Information