Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Wedding category ?

Default Still no Wedding Cagegory!!

took all of my wedding cake toppers a while back in frustration of being one on here that was not being taken serious!

Weddings are HUGE and brides are constantly looking for unusual and different ways they can add to their special day - as well as mothers, sisters, aunties, brothers, grooms etc etc!

Why on earth would somebody click on 'clothing' to look for anything to do with weddings?????? Yes, I suppose you could say that they could use the search button, but you could miss that little extra something that is just what you need because a word was not placed in the listing.

When I took off my toppers, and went elsewhere (coughs) - it was not long before I became fully booked right through the summer (I'm still fully booked now up until October).

I only remembered about EBid because I saw my bank account and forgot I even had an account here that was still taking out a monthy fee! So I thought I would come and see what has happened. Nothing, thats what has happened!! There is still no wedding category and I also notice there has been postings asking for polymer/fimo clay, but to no avail! My toppers are made from polymer/fimo clay so would actually fit into that category. But 'clothing'!! come on! Where would weddings (apart from dresses) fit into that category???

Sorry, I will now get off my box and put it back under the sofa.....but lets see if by bumping this, others join in and we can finally get somewhere!!

Ruby

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Weddings are too thin a category to warrant a top level. There is very limited space for top level categories and they have to be as broad as possible.

A suggestion would be to move all the weddings to Whatevers Left > Occasions and then move Occasions to the top level.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yup - never fails to astound me that the categories which can demonstrate real growth and sales volume are the ones that have to fight the hardest to be put where they're most appropriate.

Weddings are a special case - the external marketing of a weddings category is so easy for eBid and eBid members - there's all the wedding fayres throughout the winter that can be leafleted or attended by trading members, there's an obvious easy route for low cost media advertising using the classifieds in local and regional newspapers, the advertising of the category to bridal shops, photographers, limo-hire etc by direct marketing from eBid itself and so on.
    The knock on effect of targetting a few key sectors of the offline weddings market is that they let everyone else in the industry know about eBid, will use the site themselves, and pull in lots of brides and grooms looking for bargains and the whole gamut of items needed to establish the matrimonial home.
    It would give a real boost therefore, to all related categories such as house and home, realestate (maybe), holidays and travel, and any other categories of interest to individual brides, grooms, and their entourage and families.

With the latest round of eBay emigres, it's time the site started marketing to buyers, in order to keep those sellers active (unlike me who gave up selling a year ago due to lack of sales and selling tools for sellers).

Gaz

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Weddings are too thin a category to warrant a top level. There is very limited space for top level categories and they have to be as broad as possible.

A suggestion would be to move all the weddings to Whatevers Left > Occasions and then move Occasions to the top level.

Gazza

Hi - you posted this as I was typing the above

As an interim measure, your suggestion would be welcomed - it would certainly raise the profile of weddings as a sub-category, and have it in a more appropriate location, Ultimately, I, and I'm sure many other members, would still prefer it to have it's own top level category.

If you go ahead with this restructure, please take into account the several very detailed threads that suggested complete sub-cat structures for the wedding category - any suitable change will only be effective if all the needs of the wedding market sub sections are catered for - a half hearted, or ill thought out, implementation will only make matters worse and could lead to further defections OFF eBid by sellers and buyers.

Worthy of note is that although the competition haven't yet moved weddings to top level, they have divided it into two 2nd level categories - one for clothes and one for all other things "wedding" - I suspect there is a relocation due there and they are monitoring the number of listings and sales activity in the two halves before making the change.

Gaz

Its probably too thin a category because people don't want to bother putting their wedding category's under clothing!

Since I started selling my wedding toppers somewhere else, my sales have tripled and so have the amount of topper/polymer/fimo makers!

I, no doubt like a lot of other members on here, gave up with my listings and just went elsewhere. As I stated on my previous post, 'I only remembered that I had an account here when it showed up on my bank statement'! And on seeing it, I decided that maybe it was worth another try - but I'm undecided as if I should bother to place my listings again.

I shall follow this thread for a short while to see, if any, the outcome.

Ruby.

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

You're probably right there Ruby

I have an average of 100+ wedding items for sale on eBay every week, and see healthy sales day-in-day-out - all of them use gallery (which would earn eBid fees if they were here). But given the lower browser/bidder traffic here, it's not currently worth me listing them here - the free-to-list policy here is of no use if the successful listing rate remains at 0% ........ 100% of zero is still zero.

The site needs to leverage its advantages - in this case, a more flexible regime for correcting category structures than on the other side - or at least it used to be until it went international.

Red face

Hello, New here so please excuse me if I'm repeating myself. I was trying to get my store up and going and have over 300 items to list. My 2nd category is unity candles. I finally found items like guest books under clothing! OhBoy....Where in the world do I put Unity Candles? If there is no category may I suggest it be put as a sub under WEDDINGS

elegantweddingaccessories

Angry

BUMP!!

Do ANY of the suggested categories ever get results????

Thread Information