Thread: Photography ??

Forum Newbie
    Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, United Kingdom
    View !pete's Feedback (+475)
    All-About !pete
    View !pete's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Photography ??

How about moving photography into the main category list ? Seems a bit daft having it buried under electrical.

Pete

Default Re: Photography ??

Agreed Pete - it took me 2 days to spot it there & it seems to be one of the bigger cats on eb*y - also it could do with subdividing a little more - digi, 35mm, other formats, old, & all therir accessories :?:
    Doesn't YOUR Mobile Phone deserve a treat ?

Please Buy One TODAY - if you like it Buy 2 Tomorrow !

Forum Newbie
    Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, United Kingdom
    View !pete's Feedback (+475)
    All-About !pete
    View !pete's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, photography is very big on eBay, I trade a lot there but I don't feel like listing anything while it is hidden here.

Well done, all who want a section on Photography. I havent yet found out where to sell my much treasured photographic collection.[/b]

It took me days to find the "photography" section. I just never thought of looking under electrical. Most modern cameras are of course electronic but I come from the mechanical era and still think of a camera as a mechanical device.

The photographic listings on here are very poor compared to the other side. Photography as an area on its own would give it more prominence and hopefully attract more sellers and buyers.

It took me days to find the "photography" section. I just never thought of looking under electrical. Most modern cameras are of course electronic but I come from the mechanical era and still think of a camera as a mechanical device.

The photographic listings on here are very poor compared to the other side. Photography as an area on its own would give it more prominence and hopefully attract more sellers and buyers.

I almost gave up on this site, not seeing Photography amongst the main categories. I simply could not imagine what other main category it could be under.

Electrical? ELECTRICAL??? Surely Automotive should be under Electrical if that logic is for real. The average car, even an old one, has at least as much need of electrical systems.

Why not put Computer Hardware under Electrical as well?

Of course, such a reorganisation would be daft, though no dafter than having Photography as a subsection of Electrical.

I found out where it was located by a very roundabout route. I searched for 'camera' then looked to see what auction categories the sellers were using. How many buyers just take a look at the site, decide that because eBay has Photography as a main category and eBid doesn't, there's nothing for them here and they go away?

Other people are also saying this kind of thing in other threads, e.g. http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community...ry+photography but it seems to be falling on deaf ears?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Add my support for a seperate Photography section.

I am clearing my accumulation of photographic items and find the current categorisation painful. It needs to be more up-front.

http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...2-0&mo=auction

i agree with you lot!

a bit of re-organisation is called for.

if you get your heads together and come up with some ideas for sub categories then g+m might just sort it out!

how about....

PHOTOGRAPHY

accesories
    books and manuals
    cameras
    darkroom equipment
    digital cameras
    film
    general
    lenses
    photographs
    vintage

i'm not an expert or even an amateur, but after looking at what is there now and also at your comments, i thought that it might give you a few ideas.

ops:

Thread Information