eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About me page

Default Re: About me page

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    What kinda stuff do people want to see on their about me page?
    Gazza
    I have put a link to my me page on ebay (hope that's ok) for you to look at if you want. This is what I would put on my me page, so that my buyers know what kind of service they can expect from me. As if it is added to the auction description it often gets missed, people tend to stop reading after the item description if its quite long (me included).
    http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/sugarsden/

Gazza
    I have put a link to my me page on ebay (hope that's ok) for you to look at if you want. This is what I would put on my me page, so that my buyers know what kind of service they can expect from me. As if it is added to the auction description it often gets missed, people tend to stop reading after the item description if its quite long (me included).
    http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/sugarsden/

What's in an "about me" page isn't important, that can be up to the individual. And providing tools to design it isn't a priority either -- if need be people can get someone to help them with a bit of html.

What IS important is provision of a standard, easily recognised button or icon, so that buyers soon learn to follow the link. Sure, as someone said, we can all include in our own auctions a link to our own web space, but if we all do it in our own way, buyers don't get the full benefit.

Oh, and while a little icon is nice, no slavish copying of the "me" idea, please! It was weeks before I realised that ebay weren't signalling something such as Millenium Edition! I didn't know it was a clickable link, I thought it was just yet another kind of gold star! Perhaps a little 'profile' button in the auctions?

john

What's in an "about me" page isn't important, that can be up to the individual. And providing tools to design it isn't a priority either -- if need be people can get someone to help them with a bit of html.

What IS important is provision of a standard, easily recognised button or icon, so that buyers soon learn to follow the link. Sure, as someone said, we can all include in our own auctions a link to our own web space, but if we all do it in our own way, buyers don't get the full benefit.

Oh, and while a little icon is nice, no slavish copying of the "me" idea, please! It was weeks before I realised that ebay weren't signalling something such as Millenium Edition! I didn't know it was a clickable link, I thought it was just yet another kind of gold star! Perhaps a little 'profile' button in the auctions?

john

Hi Gazza
    Any news on the 'about me'(?) page yet?

Hi Gazza

Hi Gazza

cough
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like the facility to tell potential customers about my business. Most of my auctions are for Cats Protection and I would like to tell customers how much they have helped me to raise in the year and more about what happens to the money.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Thread Information