Forum Posts

Default Re: About me page

I'd like an about me page too, would be good

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

What kinda stuff do people want to see on their about me page?
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeforms
    We just have to remember that we are not trying to turn this in to an ebay looking site!
    To bloody right - have you seen the state of the new auction listing format over there it's a right old mess now.

An about me style page would be a nice touch but would the servers be ok with another potential 100,000 web pages worth of data to implement it? If it would mean having M&G upgrade again then I'd rather host mine on my own free web space and link out to it on the bottom of my auctions (if thats allowed) to save em a bit of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeforms
    We just have to remember that we are not trying to turn this in to an ebay looking site!
    To bloody right - have you seen the state of the new auction listing format over there it's a right old mess now.

An about me style page would be a nice touch but would the servers be ok with another potential 100,000 web pages worth of data to implement it? If it would mean having M&G upgrade again then I'd rather host mine on my own free web space and link out to it on the bottom of my auctions (if thats allowed) to save em a bit of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Umm....

Similar to what is on the eBay ones really...
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Umm....

Similar to what is on the eBay ones really...
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

Hi,

It would be great, I usually put in my description a few payment methods but If I was to put my terms and conditions in as well the Auction page wouldn't load as it would be too big! it would be very useful to put my terms in, and as I sell internationally to put payment methods as well.
    For example:
    I accept payment by Nochex, Fastpay, PPPay, Payhound, Paypal in dollars at the exchange rate of £1.00 - $1.70 I accept Paypal in Pounds with a charge of £0.25p towards charges, Bank Transfer,Crossed Postal orders, Personal Cheques, Cash sent at the buyers own risk.
    Then internationally theres Moneybookers, Auctionpix, Western union Money orders, USPS Postal orders, US cheques with up to 30 days clearance, Canadian/U.S Dollars/Cheques, (I don't accept Paypal in Pounds for International buyers) Euros, Irish cheques money orders to be made out to e. st claire please as I can't exchange them otherwise..
    (takes a breath) :lol:
    Then I would put somewhere details of my exchange rates,Bank transfer details, email address, How many days til I expected payment, Postal options accepted within the U.K, Postal options for outside the United Kingdom and what will happen if they didn't pay. (and maybe if there was room a bit about me)

So really what I would like is a setup like the description box on the auction where I could use my own html. (about half a page would do)
    Would it be very hard to implement?

Gillian.

Hi,

It would be great, I usually put in my description a few payment methods but If I was to put my terms and conditions in as well the Auction page wouldn't load as it would be too big! it would be very useful to put my terms in, and as I sell internationally to put payment methods as well.
    For example:
    I accept payment by Nochex, Fastpay, PPPay, Payhound, Paypal in dollars at the exchange rate of £1.00 - $1.70 I accept Paypal in Pounds with a charge of £0.25p towards charges, Bank Transfer,Crossed Postal orders, Personal Cheques, Cash sent at the buyers own risk.
    Then internationally theres Moneybookers, Auctionpix, Western union Money orders, USPS Postal orders, US cheques with up to 30 days clearance, Canadian/U.S Dollars/Cheques, (I don't accept Paypal in Pounds for International buyers) Euros, Irish cheques money orders to be made out to e. st claire please as I can't exchange them otherwise..
    (takes a breath) :lol:
    Then I would put somewhere details of my exchange rates,Bank transfer details, email address, How many days til I expected payment, Postal options accepted within the U.K, Postal options for outside the United Kingdom and what will happen if they didn't pay. (and maybe if there was room a bit about me)

So really what I would like is a setup like the description box on the auction where I could use my own html. (about half a page would do)
    Would it be very hard to implement?

Gillian.

Thread Information