Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: About me page

Default About me page

Obviously not quite worded like that, but it would be a nice idea!

Forum Lurker
    View b0oza's Feedback (+83)
    All-About b0oza
    View b0oza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: About me page

i agree, that would be a good feature for ebid..

We just have to remember that we are not trying to turn this in to an ebay looking site!

Repeat 10 times, it is not ebay, it is not ebay, it is not ebay....

This board is ten times better than the ebay boards were, they actually have used a good system and set up here, rather than (ebay) trying to patch on with code what they could have quite easily bought.

Couldnt the profile be extended to cover that

I agree we need an about me page or something similar in profile maybe. I used the me page on ebay to list my terms of sale, and let people know what they are paying for also listing payment methods accepted. As we can sell overseas too it would be good to have a page where you can list this information for all especially overseas bidders (as I only accept paypal from overseas) and shipping costs are higher.

I agree we need an about me page or something similar in profile maybe. I used the me page on ebay to list my terms of sale, and let people know what they are paying for also listing payment methods accepted. As we can sell overseas too it would be good to have a page where you can list this information for all especially overseas bidders (as I only accept paypal from overseas) and shipping costs are higher.

That is a brilliant idea.
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

That is a brilliant idea.
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

>We just have to remember that we are not trying to turn this in to an ebay looking site!

I would tentatively suggest that the website site should work as well as possible, even if it means having some things in common with, err - you know who. I can appreciate that the overall user interface for an on-line auction system can be complicated, finely tuned and, getting it right would not be trivial. If there is a good and tried way of doing something well, which everybody accepts and understands, there should be no reason not to adopt it UNLESS, a better way can be found OR there are patent issues.

Just my 2p's worth.

>We just have to remember that we are not trying to turn this in to an ebay looking site!

I would tentatively suggest that the website site should work as well as possible, even if it means having some things in common with, err - you know who. I can appreciate that the overall user interface for an on-line auction system can be complicated, finely tuned and, getting it right would not be trivial. If there is a good and tried way of doing something well, which everybody accepts and understands, there should be no reason not to adopt it UNLESS, a better way can be found OR there are patent issues.

Just my 2p's worth.

Thread Information