Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is anyone here ????

bricabracman, sorry I have to disagree, 1940's are not antiques :!:
    LOL
    I was born in the 40's and my daughter most certainly thinks I am an Antique. :wink:
    I would be interested to know what Crown Derby items you found that sold damaged? e.g. flatware ?

My latest find was a Wemyss jar, the lid was damaged, and I got it for the princely sum of £1 in a charity shop. It sold in auction for £50 - commission. I don't know how they missed it, because they are usually quite good when sorting. Must have been my day. :wink:

I love Art Deco, especially those cold painted bronzes, cast from the model's of Ferdinand Preiss. Now there would be a find in a boot sale !!! :shock:

Is there anyone on here who would be able to help me date a woven cane bottom chair :?: I have had this in my possession for about 40 years and it wasn't new then!
    It is about 85cmsH W is 30cms (at back of seat) 39cms at front edge.It is a very slight looking chair. It has TM stamped into the back of the seat part. Front legs end in taper and ball shape while back legs are square from rear back rest which has 3 cross pieces .
    I have taken a couple of photos but I thought I would ask on here about it first. Also if I did sell it does anyone have any idea how it could be mailed?? :shock:
    Thanks
    Lorraine

Is there anyone on here who would be able to help me date a woven cane bottom chair :?: I have had this in my possession for about 40 years and it wasn't new then!
    It is about 85cmsH W is 30cms (at back of seat) 39cms at front edge.It is a very slight looking chair. It has TM stamped into the back of the seat part. Front legs end in taper and ball shape while back legs are square from rear back rest which has 3 cross pieces .
    I have taken a couple of photos but I thought I would ask on here about it first. Also if I did sell it does anyone have any idea how it could be mailed?? :shock:
    Thanks
    Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS
    I have been buying alot of antiques from police auctions and carbootsales for years and sell them direct to antique shops , other Auctions and even on my bootsales and have had deals where i have picked up a great oak games table with inlayed chessboard and pieces for £10 at a police auction and sold direct to an antique shop for £300 knowing it is worth far more than that but have been happy with the profits i make as im happy even when i double my money
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Waaah I wanna police auction agree totally about the bootsales you gotta be there waiting for them to set up and even then there are a good dozen dealers waiting to come drag stuff from under your nose, and never any decent jumble sales around here at all.
    Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS
    I have been buying alot of antiques from police auctions and carbootsales for years and sell them direct to antique shops , other Auctions and even on my bootsales and have had deals where i have picked up a great oak games table with inlayed chessboard and pieces for £10 at a police auction and sold direct to an antique shop for £300 knowing it is worth far more than that but have been happy with the profits i make as im happy even when i double my money
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Waaah I wanna police auction agree totally about the bootsales you gotta be there waiting for them to set up and even then there are a good dozen dealers waiting to come drag stuff from under your nose, and never any decent jumble sales around here at all.
    Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

Forum Newbie
    View sukey51's Feedback (+1349)
    All-About sukey51
    View sukey51's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Tandad,

I'm with you on the jumble sale front, nobody seems to have them now all do carboots instead.

Does anybody remember The Children's Newspaper, I have some copies from the 1920s some of which cover the opening of Tutenkahmens tomb,any advise on where to get a value on these?

Forum Newbie
    All-About sukey51
    View sukey51's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Tandad,

I'm with you on the jumble sale front, nobody seems to have them now all do carboots instead.

Does anybody remember The Children's Newspaper, I have some copies from the 1920s some of which cover the opening of Tutenkahmens tomb,any advise on where to get a value on these?

All-About thehoneyant
    Forum Posts

Hi sukey51

Check out www.bookfayre.com Magazines and Comics section :wink:
    Hope this helps

All-About thehoneyant
    Forum Posts

Hi sukey51

Check out www.bookfayre.com Magazines and Comics section :wink:
    Hope this helps

Forum Newbie
    All-About sukey51
    View sukey51's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that Honeyant will take a look.

Thread Information