Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone here ????

Forum Saint
    View _Nuts_'s Feedback (+445)
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is anyone here ????

I was wondering if any members here are into antiques and if so where do you normally go to by them :?: :?:

Default Re: Is anyone here ????

Quote Originally Posted by KPARENUTS
    I was wondering if any members here are into antiques and if so where do you normally go to by them :?: :?:
    Hello Nuts, I would suggest Car Boot sales, have a friend who visits these events. Some U win. Happy Hunting. :lol:

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to say this but i know where to get them as i go to alot of auctions and online auctions and carbootsales etc and the question was there to see who else does the same and to try and get some activity in this section :wink: :wink:

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell assorted older/collectable items. When chatting to friends and mentioning online auctions they often say "I've got...." and I end up selling it for them. The huge advantage of selling this way is that I don't need to know the price I want. My best was a Boys Brigade medal which started at a pound and went to over 70. Now I know it is rare and sought after!

Madelaine
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

I buy most of my stock at auction and antiques fairs. I've had a couple of good deals like madelaine I bought a vase in auction for £95 and sold it on the other site for £1,700

Shoki

Visit my auctions!

Forum Newbie
    in a dark cupboard surrounded by piccy of scantily clad women n *golden boys*
    View elfie1's Feedback (+14)
    All-About elfie1
    View elfie1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there is there anyone whos good with old hotel stuff ive just picked up a set of coffee cups and saucers all in good cond not chips.i think they are about 1940s with gold rims blue stripe and a red and then golsd stripe with the letters CA ??any ideas on where what and roughly how much they are worth?? i really love antiques and know nothing about them,so i could get taken for a real ride if i dont learn.also what book is recomended for prices and info please,any help would be really gratfully received.

Is the mark like this?

Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

ELFSTONE. Firstly 1940's are not antiques and this type of pottery is not really worth that much. It would have to be art deco for that period to be worth anything. My advise to you is if you wish to collect china and porcelaine is to try and find the antique dealers bible. Encyclopeadia of British Pottery. Try to pick up a 2nd hand copy as they sell for £42. Even a good 2nd hand copy can cost up to £30 depending on condition.
    Don't be disheartend by this posting but I have dealt in this subject since 1982. Local auctions are an excellent place to look especially in the boxes under the tables. I picked up some very early Crown Derby, all cracked for a fiver. Sold them on the other site for over £300.

Forum Newbie
    in a dark cupboard surrounded by piccy of scantily clad women n *golden boys*
    View elfie1's Feedback (+14)
    All-About elfie1
    View elfie1's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanx for the advice ive found oud that my china set was from the bristol factory pountneys.but it was a bargin 1-99p so as long as it gos for more than that im in profit,i go to some of the charity shops theres normally some good finds there my husband recently bought a citizen watch for 1-99p and found out retail price over 300-00 but of course the bootsales a the best unfortunatly all the dealers go as well so you have to be quick.jumble sales are pretty good but watch out for the old ladies they get quite merciless with their sharp elbows,they have been known to knock some one over,but the best are school bootsales or village sales.

Forum Saint
    All-About _Nuts_
    View _Nuts_'s Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been buying alot of antiques from police auctions and carbootsales for years and sell them direct to antique shops , other Auctions and even on my bootsales and have had deals where i have picked up a great oak games table with inlayed chessboard and pieces for £10 at a police auction and sold direct to an antique shop for £300 knowing it is worth far more than that but have been happy with the profits i make as im happy even when i double my money
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Information