eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CRAFTY ITEMS

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: CRAFTY ITEMS

I think we still need to agree on a layout for this....

I cant start a new parent category for craft because I dont think it will be used enough, it'll have to be under one of our current parent categories...

Toys & Hobbies : Hobbies : Crafts seems the most obvious...

Anyone else?

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hello Gazza,
    I can see your dilemma, however, once you get to your Toys.... Hobbies... Crafts, you are eventually then going to need
    Rubber Stamping & Embossing,....................Glass Painting,
    Paper & Card & Envelopes,...........................Memory Albums,
    Peel-Offs & Stickers,....................................Card Making,
    Art Supplies,......................................... ......Jewellery making,
    Decoupage......................................... .........Pergamano,
    Spirelli.......................................... ..............Tea-Bag Folding,
    The list of sub catergories will go on and on believe me!!
    There are people who will want to sell the goods they have made too, such as Hand-made Greetings Cards and the like.
    Crafting is a way of earning money as well as a hobby. Craft shops are never empty. Cottage industries are springing up all over the place and to lump Crafts under Toys is disasterous, in my opinion.
    That means everyone HAS to put the word CRAFT in their title for it to be found on a basic search and anyone new to the site just won't think of looking under Toys!
    It took me ages to find the category, in fact, it was after a reply email from your good selves that enabled me to get there at all. The last thing you need, with the way things are expanding, is to have to answer emails like that all the time!
    For the time being, I can see we will have to compromise, but please keep an open mind, after all, if new folk can't find what they are looking for easily, then they will go elsewhere, where it is relatively easy to find, and they won't bother with us on here!
    And we don't want that!!

I agree craft should have a seperate listing and not under toys, Crafts are
    not toy items, and I believe buyers would have difficulty in working through the sub cats. to find them.
    8)
    S
    http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...ally&type=user

I agree, there are a lot of sellers and buyers out there for all the different categories of craft stuff and it is most difficult to come across as it is now. I think that if crafters are catered for on this site that they will help to make it a success.
    Ann

Quote Originally Posted by boxerann
    I agree, there are a lot of sellers and buyers out there for all the different categories of craft stuff and it is most difficult to come across as it is now. I think that if crafters are catered for on this site that they will help to make it a success.
    Ann
    Why not come and Join us in the Kitchen Table forum we have a few craft sellers and buyers in there and you'd be very welcome
    Glass animals, Hagen Renaker, Lomonosov

Check my website for brand new glass figurines

Hi Gazza
    Hope this helps, the other side do it like this:
    Everything else
    Crafts, Sewing
    general
    cross stitch
    fabric
    lace
    patterns
    textiles

under the cross stitch sub heading are these sub categories:
    kits
    patterns
    other

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are two completely separate areas that can be described as "craft" and they will have two different sort of buyers - there are finished craft items and craft supplies (raw materials and patterns). I can just about go with the supplies coming under toys & hobbies but not the finished items!

I am likely to buy both - interesting ifinishe tems which I could not make as presents and supplies for the crafts I do (rubberstamps, cross stitch, Fimo are top of the list right now but it shifts).
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Quote Originally Posted by mfkirke
    There are two completely separate areas that can be described as "craft" and they will have two different sort of buyers - there are finished craft items and craft supplies (raw materials and patterns). I can just about go with the supplies coming under toys & hobbies but not the finished items!

I am likely to buy both - interesting ifinishe tems which I could not make as presents and supplies for the crafts I do (rubberstamps, cross stitch, Fimo are top of the list right now but it shifts).
    I think you have hit the nail on the head there under everything else "Craft Items and Craft Supplies" your two catch all catagories, untill demand increases that is :!:

I would LOVE to see a craft cat here. I think it will attract buyers and sellers alike. I need to buy craft items, especially lace, trimmings, thread etc. Ive been saying this since comming over from the other side, on other threads as well as this one.

But we do need a cat all of its own.... maybe under everything else.
    I didnt even know there was one here until someone told me on the boards!.

At the mo I have to buy my supplies from the on the dark sde, but would much prefer to buy them here.

I know a lot of craft sellers that I buy from who would love to sell here because there items sell for very little and the listing fees ( in % ) is outrageous. Many list 100's of items a week, each costing 15p + 5p for BIN's (thats B4 the increases) and they may sell at £1-£3 so they NEED an alternative to selling on FeePay, but at the moment there isnt one. Its the small cost items that are going to suffer the most. The more expensive items can usually absorb that cost as the profit margin is higher. So it seems to me theres a gap in the market and you could fill it.

Just pop over there do a basic search for a few craft items. This is what I just got back:-
    fabric 33 pages of it (1192 in Crafts)!
    Lace 54 pages (284 in crafts)!
    Patterns 11 pages (374 in crafts)!
    Thats not counting all the things people make to earn a living from buying them.

CRAFT IS BIG BUSSINESS!! Really it is guyz.
    Pleeeese make it easier for everyone to find them and be able to list where folks can find them and hopefully buy them. Truly it will fill up in no time.

Jules
    http://www.sabrewulfe.plus.com/banner1.gif
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

we will add craft to whatevers left....

can someone leave a definitive category list for me, theres been so much discussion, im not sure what everyone wants!!

if you tell me what to do so that I dont have to think about it, it'll get done in a jiffy!

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information