eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: VINYL - Anyone interested in LP's ???

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Vinyl !!!!!!!!!!!

Well i now have over 600 records listed 45 & 78 rpm, and gawd knows how many more to go, my conservartory is full of records it's my office and i can only just get into it and spin the discs on the turntable, i have turned my 2 yr old into a rock n roll greak lol, she bops the day away when i'm retesting them all, have my own private collection , which i'd never sell , and the ones i am selling, i play evey single record before listing them both sides, and like my motto says if i wouldn't want to get it i won't sell it, and i am fussy. the bin man nearly had a hernia t'other day pmsl , the advantage of having BIG FAMILY who dont want there collections, trying to talk one of my brothers into parting with his massive regga collection, he's a marley mad white rasta well used to be saw him around the world about 5 times( rub's hands with glee).
    I have sold a few when i first started on here, but nothing since , what am i doing wrong, wish i knew.
    Youre very welcome to take a stroll around the Den .
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Lurker
    View barneysam2's Feedback (+42)
    All-About barneysam2
    View barneysam2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile LP's Can Become CD's....

Why people don't buy these old LP's and copy them onto CD's
    I don't understand. And by "copy" them, I mean for their own
    use. Not suggesting anything illegal.

There was an article in our Sunday paper last weekend (wish I'd saved it). They talked to a variety of people who are actively looking for LP albums. It seems they're becoming very popular collectibles (at least here in California), and people are beginning to sell them at the local swap meets (aka flea markets). I know collectibles go in cycles, maybe LP's are the next craze. I'm planning to get the rest of mine listed as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by barneysam2 View Post
    Why people don't buy these old LP's and copy them onto CD's
    I don't understand. And by "copy" them, I mean for their own
    use. Not suggesting anything illegal.
    It is legal in the U.S. to copy LPs, CDs, cassette tapes if you own the original. It is not legal to make a copy for someone else.

A machine that plays a record and copies it to a CD costs about $400. If someone has a huge collection, it would be worth it, but I think the initial outlay is just too high for many people.

I checked into doing it on my computer, and the software alone costs $300, plus you need a device to play the record. Same problem, must spend a lot of money up front.

Thread Information