eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anybody Having Problems With Buyers Addresses

Forum Newbie
    View Stnenopmoc's Feedback (+33)
    All-About Stnenopmoc
    View Stnenopmoc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Anybody Having Problems With Buyers Addresses

Not sure why but people on eBid never seem to manage to regester a correct address, or it is different to the address regesterd for money transfer

Is it just me or is anybody else having this issue ?

Default Re: Anybody Having Problems With Buyers Addresses

Quote Originally Posted by Stnenopmoc View Post
    Not sure why but people on eBid never seem to manage to regester a correct address, or it is different to the address regesterd for money transfer

Is it just me or is anybody else having this issue ?
    Not just you, but I have to say, the majority of those that have bopught from myslef have had the address supplied by eBid match the one supplied by the payment supplier (e.g. PayPal).
    That being said, I have a returning buyer who after a couple of years still hasn't updated their address on ebid to match the paypal one, even after being reminded, and i've had no problems when i've sent the item/s to the address registered on paypal.
    When I do remind new buyers that I only send to the address supplied by Paypal, they get back to me and confirm that the paypal supplied address is still legit.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

It was something that was mentioned here when obay stopped using PayPal -- would less buyers use PP here? If not using PP as much, would they remember to keep it up-dated?

It hasn't been a big problem for me though. I felt I should refund one buyer after sending their parcel to an-out-of date PP address, when they had the correct one on ebid. About the only time I forgot to check that they matched!!
    I also had one buyer who asked to use the BACS/EFT option as they didn't have a PP account.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stnenopmoc View Post
    I always use the Ebid address from the packing slip, but I check whether it is the same address as Paypal. On the odd occasion it is not, I send a message asking for confirmation of address before posting
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information