My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: General advice for a returning seller

Question General advice for a returning seller

Hi to all and i just wanted to get some advice from seasoned sellers on this platform as it has been a while since i have listed seriously here.

So far, i have;

1 - Imported all of my catalogue at reduced prices from another platform
    2 - Set up my shops in relevant categories
    3 - Added MaO to all items
    4 - Added in eBid exclusive items that i do not list anywhere else

I seem to be getting a hell of a lot of views against my items, far more than i would expect to do so on other platforms, but yet to see a nibble.

Now, i am not expecting a quick clear out of stock or a flood of sales, i am not a volume seller (i only maintain a couple of hundred listings), but i would just like to make sure that i am doing what i can to maximise the impact of my items on the site, so any advice is very welcome.

Thank You.

Default Re: General advice for a returning seller

So, i am over 5 weeks in on my first lot of bulk listings, been trickling more auctions on, but also had to remove several due to sales on other sites, but i am yet to even have an offer on here, let alone an actual sale.

My stuff is very varied, but the oddity i can't get over is i am getting far more 'views' here than my other site, yet conversion is non-existent?

So i suppose the main question is, where are your sales coming from? Facebook, Instagram, tik tok, Pinterest?

Also, none of my listings are currently set up for international sales, am i limiting myself in that way?

All advice welcome

View mark4740's Feedback (+3719)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sold 8 items since coming back on here in the last couple of months, The last 2 sales were from buyers on ebay who were wanting an item that had finished which i had since listed on ebid, i pointed them over to the listings on here ,Both purchased but were very reluctant as they had never heard of ebid and only purchased the items as they trusted me.A sale before that was a tattoo magazine which went to Hawaii, I'm presuming he found this item from a google search as he wanted it for the Hawaiian body art content.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicas_Aromatics View Post
    So, i am over 5 weeks in on my first lot of bulk listings, been trickling more auctions on, but also had to remove several due to sales on other sites, but i am yet to even have an offer on here, let alone an actual sale.

My stuff is very varied, but the oddity i can't get over is i am getting far more 'views' here than my other site, yet conversion is non-existent?

So i suppose the main question is, where are your sales coming from? Facebook, Instagram, tik tok, Pinterest?

Also, none of my listings are currently set up for international sales, am i limiting myself in that way?

All advice welcome
    I would say that you could put lightweight items on international sales, if you can use an "airmail" envelope, otherwise the postage is too much.
    My sales all come Ebid and especially repeat customers, driven, I like to think, by low prices and fast dispatch.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    I have sold 8 items since coming back on here in the last couple of months, The last 2 sales were from buyers on ebay who were wanting an item that had finished which i had since listed on ebid, i pointed them over to the listings on here ,Both purchased but were very reluctant as they had never heard of ebid and only purchased the items as they trusted me.A sale before that was a tattoo magazine which went to Hawaii, I'm presuming he found this item from a google search as he wanted it for the Hawaiian body art content.
    I haven't used Ebay for years, don't need to pay their prices as it would make my items cost too much.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I don't do any of the SM that you mention above.
    I barely sell anything on obay these days, so the notes I put in their parcels might get a few views of my ads., but no sales for ages.
    I assume that most of my sales come from google and try to ensure that my items qualify for uploading to Google Shopping. (There are a few tips which might help on the "Google Shopping" thread.)
    I also list a new item every week and spotlight it with a "Plug Your Auction" thread for seven days.

It seems to work. From single figure sales each year pre-Covid, I'm now getting regular sales month by month with annual totals in the twenties and creeping up each year.

Most of my buyers are making their first purchase on the site and some return to make more after the first.

My PYA thread, on a good week, used to get about 20 views, now it's more like 40 - 50.

So far this year I've sold 8 items, 7 to new buyers. The eighth bought their first item here just before Christmas (so counts in Last Year's figures), but returned in the new year to make a second.

None of my ads. are set-up for international sales either. I used to sometimes make an exception, but doubt if I would these days. With Environmental Taxes and On-line Selling Taxes, it all seems very complicated now. I used to make exceptions if the buyer messaged me and seemed OK. But I haven't had anyone ask lately, possibly due to the increasing cost of international postage and of course the taxes and levies add to the cost as well.

I think it will take time for your ads. to get noticed. I get the impression that many browsers only look-in around pay-day, so they possibly want to see that you're still here a few months after they first notice you.
    I'd recommend that you list something new regularly, which will also keep your "Latest Activity" fresh. I'm sure anyone who looks at the site regularly knows to check it.
    Best of luck for some sales soon.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Hello there. I have been a member for many years but seldom sold anything on here. I'm giving at another go.
    I won't post abroad, postage is too high and it's very hard to track once it's out of this country.
    My sales are quite healthy on the other site but the latest email saw steam coming out of my ears - getting on for 20% of the sale is on fees, customers won't buy if the price is too high - end of! Let's keep our fingers crossed that ebid do a bit of advertising for us all.

Thanks all, much appreciated. As i may have said before, i will keep keep posting and see how it goes, it is only costing me time as it stands.

Thread Information