Quote Originally Posted by goldenwonders View Post
I've been biting my teeth at some of these comments. Postage has indeed gone up dramatically - or will do again in October, but surely its time for you all to buy your stamps now before the rate rises ...and NOT from the Post Office.

I purchased £19 of stamps last week from a man at the boot sale who was selling some commemoratives he thought no longer useable - got them for £3.50 so technically it worked out at around 20p for a 1st class stamp.
I purchased some more this week £9 worth for £3 - still a huge saving. There are thousands of commem's over on the dark side for sale and they are not fakes!
Yes if you buy the booklets there are fakes and you have to be careful, but if you are a sensible buyer you can still buy your postage cheap.
Cheaper than probably you were paying before the price rises? Don't give up your hobbies, get stuck in and use your imagination, Post Office's loss - they made enough out of stamp collectors in the past!
I bought a load just before last price rise so okay for now.
Re your comments about postage books on other side: I purchased these a couple of years ago and for all the world they looked genuine. However, after five minutes on the envelope, they peeled off. Seller had done a bunk. Can't remember why I couldn't claim back from PP, but had to do a charge back at the back to get my money back. Not any easy process. Lesson learned - if it looks to good to be truie, it usually is.