eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a shock and had to sit down!

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Had a shock and had to sit down!

Received a renewal email for my house insurance (Post Office) - it's £40 cheaper that it was last year!!! Has anyone else ever received a reduced renewal quote - seems to be a first time for everything.
    Just wish this would catch on and Virgin Media would actually give me a reduction for being a long-time mug that constantly pays more each and every year.
    Fingers crossed.

Default Re: Had a shock and had to sit down!

Yes - our home insurance went down by £35 this year.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amazing! Ours has not gone down.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Yes - our home insurance went down by £35 this year.
    Surprising - have you used to same company for many years? I only used this company for the first time last year and fully expected some sort of increase, as normal. It just makes a nice change for it to work this way!

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Amazing! Ours has not gone down.
    That's what I got so fed-up with and decided that I would always go elsewhere, each year to avoid the constant increase whilst new buyers always get a better deal. So, very surprised at this reduction and will stay with this company for this quote.
    Virgin Media always, always increase their prices year on year - while offering far better deals to new customers. Really fed-up with them but changing firms is complicated when also using a phone landline.

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    That's what I got so fed-up with and decided that I would always go elsewhere, each year to avoid the constant increase whilst new buyers always get a better deal. So, very surprised at this reduction and will stay with this company for this quote.
    Virgin Media always, always increase their prices year on year - while offering far better deals to new customers. Really fed-up with them but changing firms is complicated when also using a phone landline.
    Have you tried looking at another provider, then going back to Virgin and asking them to offer a better deal or at least match it. If they say no, then pull the "Then I shall move over to Sky/BT/Etc..., as there's no incentive to stay with you" line.
    Sometimes works, so no harm in trying.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Have you tried looking at another provider, then going back to Virgin and asking them to offer a better deal or at least match it. If they say no, then pull the "Then I shall move over to Sky/BT/Etc..., as there's no incentive to stay with you" line.
    My son does this every year and gets a measly £5 reduction for his trouble. I understood there were new laws requiring companies to offer existing customers the same deals as new ones. May be wrong?
    I got a much better deal with Virgin by changing my mobile tariff to a Sim Only deal with 02.

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    Surprising - have you used to same company for many years? I only used this company for the first time last year and fully expected some sort of increase, as normal. It just makes a nice change for it to work this way!
    It's our third year with them

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Yes, the problem for me is the landline - was Virgin when I moved in and the property doesn't have any other connection. But it's so expensive to actually used during the week I only used Skype to call anywhere. At the weekend there is no charge, so can be used then, but do want to be able to call elsewhere in an emergency - trouble is until I register with another company I won't know where they would connect from? How do others manage?

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crafters_corner View Post
    My son does this every year and gets a measly £5 reduction for his trouble. I understood there were new laws requiring companies to offer existing customers the same deals as new ones. May be wrong?
    I got a much better deal with Virgin by changing my mobile tariff to a Sim Only deal with 02.
    Yes, I've done all of that in the past, and as you say, a measly reduction and signed up to another 18 month contract. It seems poor business sense to encourage churn with attracting new customers who will play musical chairs next year. Why not reward loyal longtime customers???

Thread Information