My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: It's Always Best To Check....

Default It's Always Best To Check....

....that first-time buyers on Ebid and using paypal have the same delivery address on Ebid and paypal.

I usually do check and regularly find that they are different. Recently I was in a hurry, forgot and yes, I've sent their parcel to an address that is years out of date.

I wonder, is this because they're not using paypal so much as they once did and have forgotten to keep their details up to date?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: It's Always Best To Check....

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    ....that first-time buyers on Ebid and using paypal have the same delivery address on Ebid and paypal.

I usually do check and regularly find that they are different. Recently I was in a hurry, forgot and yes, I've sent their parcel to an address that is years out of date.

I wonder, is this because they're not using paypal so much as they once did and have forgotten to keep their details up to date?
    It's not just you, and not just new buyers either.
    I always send them a question asking them to confirm their address as the two do not match, and that I only send to the one supplied by PayPal, which for some reason always seems to still be valid when they reply.
    I also have at least one semi-regular buyer whose address on here is different from their Paypal, but I just send to the Paypal one and have never had a problem with them and they keep coming back.
    I'd assume most are just not updating their details, and some are buying to send to other address' (usually students wanting items sent to where they are currently staying and not to their actual home).
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Yes, I've had some like that and others that update their delivery address on paypal. It was just my bad luck that the one time I didn't check, they'd moved.

They've now made some enquiries and it seems that the delivery was refused. So the parcel should be on its way back to me.
    Fingers crossed it turns up soon.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

I had one that was undeliverable in Alaska and returned to me. The buyer declined to pay postage to new address.
    I always use Ebid packing slip and use the packing slip address and I forget to check paypal address which is usually the most current.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Many of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid so the address here is usually correct, they've forgotten to update paypal.

The parcel hasn't returned to my local DO for return to me. So unless it's stuck at the DO at the other end, its gone missing. The current residents say they refused delivery, but the Delivery Confirmation (RM 2nd class) says delivered, not "Refused / Returned". If it was refused it wouldn't be tracked back, only confirmed again as "Delivered" on reaching me.

I'll try their local DO or Track and Trace CS but it's not looking good that it's on its way back to me. "Delivery" was nearly three weeks ago.

Thread Information