Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why doesn't Ebid Advertise

View mark4740's Feedback (+3719)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Why doesn't Ebid Advertise

I don't understand why Ebid doesn't spend a few grand on google ads, after 24 years i find it so frustrating that it is just aimed at sellers and not drawing in any buyers, such a shame as it has always had potential,Google shopping is pointless as not many trust buying off of those unknown sites,I know i'm just banging the same old drum of many others before me but i need to vent as i don't understand the why the owners are just content with the raking in the lifetime offers, Do these people own other sites like Numonday and such just seems like they want the lifetime fees.
    Pheeewww i really don't get it, my 2 ebay accounts and Etsy account will stay where they are for now as its better to sell with high fees than hardly if anything at all. I left this site 12 years ago and looks like i will abandon it again, see you in 10 years, hopefully it will have evolved but well just but, Good Luck all

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why doesn't Ebid Advertise

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    I don't understand why Ebid doesn't spend a few grand on google ads, after 24 years i find it so frustrating that it is just aimed at sellers and not drawing in any buyers, such a shame as it has always had potential,Google shopping is pointless as not many trust buying off of those unknown sites,I know i'm just banging the same old drum of many others before me but i need to vent as i don't understand the why the owners are just content with the raking in the lifetime offers, Do these people own other sites like Numonday and such just seems like they want the lifetime fees.
    Pheeewww i really don't get it, my 2 ebay accounts and Etsy account will stay where they are for now as its better to sell with high fees than hardly if anything at all. I left this site 12 years ago and looks like i will abandon it again, see you in 10 years, hopefully it will have evolved but well just but, Good Luck all
    On the other hand. Ebid keep their fees down by not advertising giving you the opportunity to undercut prices on ebay, etsy and so on, which is good for buyers.
    That is why is why I can sell 5000 items a year.
    For those of us who sell everything as EXEMPT on google shopping, wasting money on google would be unwelcome.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Isn't there a slight flaw in your logic? If Google Shopping is pointless because not many trust buying from unknown sites, what would be the point of spending "a few grand" on Google Ads. as equally few would buy from ebid sellers promoted on there either?

True ebid doesn't advertise, neither do I, except by putting a little effort into making sure I'm visible on GS. So where do you think my buyers here come from? My guess would be GS as it's my only form of advertising.

Did you ever read the "Google Shopping" thread? Did you ever try using my, admittedly vague, suggestions? You certainly didn't comment that you found them helpful or even that they were useless and made no difference. Did you consider that having tried them, your observations might have increased the knowledge base and helped others, yourself and the ebid site name gain recognition?

I can see that with disappointing sales here, your obay and esty accounts should stay open, many sellers here also sell on both those sites and others. But having paid for your ads. here, why abandon them? Especially when it looks like you've recently made a couple of sales.

They didn't cost you a lot in fees. I'd be interested and I'm sure others would too, to know how much those same sales would have cost you on the other sites. I was reading on obay that one seller was horrified to find that a sale they made on esty cost them 32% in fees and I think fees on obay are about to be increased (yet again). I'm not sure by how much, but as they're already 12.8%, perhaps my guess of about 13.5% is about right.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    Having just looked at your listings.
    I'm pretty sure myself and others have suggested that you do away with the "Free Shipping". I reiterate that as you also have the phrase "Postage will be combined on multiple items so please wait for a revised invoice." But since yu don't have a shipping price, nobody is going to be able to guess roughly how much that "Discount" will be.
    Also you still only have 1 pic for each item you are selling, when multiple pics would help a buyer judge the "Grade" themselves. And that 1 pic also has a flash light obscuring part of the image.
    It has also been suggested that you stop using "Run Until Sold" and put them on a "Close listing after ? amount of time" on a "Auto Repost". Thereby bumping the listing to the top or near top every so often.

Have you informed any of your customers from other sites that you are on this platform as that could help.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Not worth the hassle of asking Mark, they missed the opportunity when buyers and sellers were leaving eBay in droves, this will remain a small unknown site to most but will still get sales now and then due to the odd Pinterest, google image

eBay doesn't really lose any profits on advertising since they get money from promoted listings and their a household name now after years of spending on advertising!!!

Forum Newbie
    View Ave's Feedback (+1907)
    All-About Ave
    View Ave's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been onsite, few sales admittedly, but occasionally, I do see my items show up on google along with other sellers of similar items in searches and that has helped sometimes, but more recent years have be targetted by scammers pretending to have paid while not paying and trying to get me to ship without confirmation of Payment on Paypal site while ASL they will mark themselves as paid.
    Frustrating, as scammers also misuse Paypal to obtain refunds shortly after a purchase as in most cases Paypal will refund them and allow them to keep the item unless you put up a stink with Paypal that item has to be returned first. Unfortunately in their A.I. system they have used since Covid began, the buyer can send back an empty box or damaged item but as long as they then submit a tracking number of delivery completed, then Paypal gives them a full refund and charges your account. Their live customer services [ when you can get them that is] act nice and supportive but in the end do nothing to resolve the matter.

Thread Information