eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing Issues...Need some advice

Default Housing Issues...Need some advice

Any helpful advice on housing Please?

I am looking for a 2 bedroomed furnished flat in Gosport so I can have a room for my office as I am currently working in a corner of the only living space I have.. That room can also double as a place for night carers to sleep. The other option would be an apartment in a retirement complex as I need social support, like carers and visiting health care workers. Neither of those options is available through council swaps so I really have no choice but to go private.

It looks like I shall have to keep buying Lotto tickets lol

I relocated to Eastbourne to take care of Billy but now I am living alone and need support of carers and visiting health workers, I want to move back to my home town where my support is still there. Gosport council have said there is a 5-10 years waiting list but the options I have described above arent available through social housing nor home swapping

“When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14452)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Housing Issues...Need some advice

Are you ex- military? Try searching veterans if you are..

Quote Originally Posted by JDStamps View Post
    Are you ex- military? Try searching veterans if you are..
    No I'm not. I tried to sign up when I was a teenager but they wouldn't have me.after the interview.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Around here we have a local drop-in / advice centre for benefits, pensions and much more. When I was caring for my mum we went there because I couldn't understand why she was being paid so much Pension Credit when she had so much in savings. (Turned out DWP had got their sums wrong.)

Every voluntary organisation recommended it (it was pretty much the only thing they had to offer)but, my point is. Even if 'officially' something isn't in their remit, they have contacts / leaflets from every other council dept. / organisation and volunteer group and sometimes know of other options, it's surprising what they do know, sometimes. If Margate has one, Eastbourne probably has too as here it was at least part funded by the council.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Don't know if these people would be of any help to you x Home - HousingCare : HousingCare

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you tried the Citizen's Advice Bureau? If they can't help perhaps the know who can.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Around here we have a local drop-in / advice centre for benefits, pensions and much more. When I was caring for my mum we went there because I couldn't understand why she was being paid so much Pension Credit when she had so much in savings. (Turned out DWP had got their sums wrong.)

Every voluntary organisation recommended it (it was pretty much the only thing they had to offer)but, my point is. Even if 'officially' something isn't in their remit, they have contacts / leaflets from every other council dept. / organisation and volunteer group and sometimes know of other options, it's surprising what they do know, sometimes. If Margate has one, Eastbourne probably has too as here it was at least part funded by the council.
    Thanks for your reply. I should have said I am housebound with no transport nor funding for puplic transport as I would need taxi fairs and that's not seen as essential when working out my benefits.

I would need privately rented housing as social housing only offers a regular one bedroomed flat and I am already living in one. I need to carry on working from home but I don't have space for an office nor a spare room for a carer to sleep over.

The housing departments in Eastbourne and Gosport don't do sheltered housing or retirement housing for people who need office space and a spare room so I will have to rent privately.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Have you tried the Citizen's Advice Bureau? If they can't help perhaps the know who can.
    Thanks. I can't get to CAB as I am housebound. I need housing advice for private rentals in Gosport as that is where I will be moving to

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Don't know if these people would be of any help to you x Home - HousingCare : HousingCare
    Thanks for letting me know about this message as the email address I use here is one I rarely use so miss all kinds of notifications from Ebid

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    Thanks. I can't get to CAB as I am housebound. I need housing advice for private rentals in Gosport as that is where I will be moving to
    Our local CAB can be contacted by phone. So I checked CAB Gosport website. You can contact them by phohe or by email so the fact that you are housebound does not need to stop you.

Thread Information