eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bids Made (0) Offers Made (0) Bought (0) Bids Rec'd (0) Offers Rec'd (0) So

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bids Made (0) Offers Made (0) Bought (0) Bids Rec'd (0) Offers Rec'd (0)

Excellent information!

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    @JanetB.

"Where else on the internet will you find such a platform that offers you so much for so little?"

I agree with you and I don't have time or the inclination to use social media to self advertise. Yet last year I made 17 sales in a niche glass category (obay managed only 13). This year I've sold 4 items already, on obay only 1. The big plus for me is on ebid it's hassle-free compared to obay (which is now a disaster area for sales of collectables due to their changes) and even paying 10p to list an item still costs me less than half the fees on sales than obay.

I put my sales down to two reasons.

1) The search here is better, not messed-up like on obay, by the site manipulating visibility for its own profits, rather than using the search to sell sellers goods. I'm careful to use Key-Words that I think my buyers will use when searching. Ebid search is Key-Word based and I can usually find my items using only one or two taken from an ad. title.

2) Exposure on Google Shopping. I've just searched there for "Art Deco Glass" and found 5 of my items on P1 of the results and another 5 on P2.
    (I'd be grateful if someone else would verify this please, as I wonder about "Mirroring". I'm also seeing "Ebid - TheElench" in the left-hand side-bar of sites searched. If others are seeing this, Ebids visibility is increased.

RE. Feedback.

I always leave FB when an item has been paid for and I put it in the post. I don't know if it encourages buyers to reciprocate, somehow I doubt it. I leave it as it gives me an accurate count of my sales. I've sold 105 items in total and my FB score stands at 63, so about 60% of my buyers leave FB.

I think google shopping is probably where most of my sales come from although I do have one or two "Followers" who have become repeat buyers. But most of my sales are to buyers with 0 FB and newly opened accounts.

I'd ask anyone with tips on using google shopping or just observations on what you've found when using it, to add them to my thread on the "Website Suggestions" Forum. I think the more we understand about GS and how it influences sales on ebid, the more we can use it to increase sales for many more sellers, if it turns into a useful knowledge base.

Default Re: Bids Made (0) Offers Made (0) Bought (0) Bids Rec'd (0) Offers Rec'd (0)

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    Excellent information!
    Janet, I joined around the same time as you in 2008 and paid the lifetime membership after leaving the other site due to ever increasing costs and hastle. I pretty much covered my initial membership within a few weeks and since have made many hundreds of sales. I use pinterest and facebook to promote my items as well as telling people face to face at car boot sales in the warmer months.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Same here, I do a lot of my own advertising in one form or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Janet, I joined around the same time as you in 2008 and paid the lifetime membership after leaving the other site due to ever increasing costs and hastle. I pretty much covered my initial membership within a few weeks and since have made many hundreds of sales. I use pinterest and facebook to promote my items as well as telling people face to face at car boot sales in the warmer months.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been here since 2003 - so long ago that I was given platinum membership when it was created - each time eBid introduce charges they have given existing members some sort of break. Hence, I never comment on memberships because I can't really comment, can I? ;-)

However, I have two accounts - one entirely for charity, now the other partly for charity though it started off as business and selling off our surplus stuff.

I still sell on the dark side, now and then.

When I first joined I sold stuff only in our charity auction campaign (monthly and great fun while it lasted). Then things started to sell. You can see from my feedback on both accounts that I do sell stuff (and buy stuff!). A better judge of how many transactions an active seller has done is how many feedback they have left - 7957 on my main account though my feedback is 5588.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Hello all. I have not been here for years and I see nothing much has changed. I was thinking of listing some silver bars.
    Checking ebid.net SEO over half of their social media comes from Reddit.
    I would try YouTube and Twitter for more exposure.Similarweb(dot)com I checked for the website traffic.
    Ebid add looks like sh^t I am afraid.
    I will slide a link in here and there in my travels and try to help out.Name:  ebid add.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  7.0 KB

I have been building a new site Artifintell (dot) com Will have a new AI horoscope weekly. Not sure if artifintell will rank in your country search engine yet or not.
    Cheers from Canada

I think that means you're doing well, with about 70%.

But it would still be nice to have an "official" transaction counter.
    But to be honest, I've more or less given up hope.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I think that means you're doing well, with about 70%.

But it would still be nice to have an "official" transaction counter.
    But to be honest, I've more or less given up hope.
    Given up hope here?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark4740 View Post
    Is there any point spending buying the lifetime and listing hundreds or thousands of items on here?
    I get making pins and adding your links and posting on twitter and so on but i find it bizarre that hardly any if any items on ebid come up on a google search.
    it is really frustrating as it has such a lot going for it but if no one can find your items then what is the point, i am not here to slate but just frustrated that after 24 years the site hasn't grown and cannot justify buying the lifetime.
    I'm sure this will be deleted as my other thread was deleted but come on ebid invest some time and money and the buyers and sellers will flock.
    AGGgRRRRRR so frustrating
    That is exactly what I have done. Lifetime membership has paid for itself over and over again.
    Sold maybe 50000 items, and currently listing 50000 items.
    But that is the thing. I am currently listing 50000 items, but it has taken 10 years to sell 50000 items, though it takes a long time to list, only reached 50000 level this year.
    In a good month I might sell 1000 items, in a poor month 200, so it is not a fast turnover, just the cheapest way to sell online.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    Given up hope here?
    I think you know that what I meant was I'd given up on ever seeing a Transaction Counter

Why would I give up on ebid? The bigger the mess obay makes of itself, the more sales I'm getting here Since my last post, I've sold a couple more items and they both already had previous Feedback from other ebid sellers. (Obay is still stuck on 1 sale so far this year, no surprise, I was probably lucky to even get that one.)

To add to my previous post and Google Shopping.

I had a quick look again today before posting (again searching for "art deco glass"). This time only 2 of my ebid ads. on P.1 of the results, plus another 4 on P.2. But I still get a mention on the "Sites Searched", left hand Side Bar as "Ebid-theElench" and thought to tick the box.

Apparently GS is currently showing 10 of my items and included at the end of the results for my items there are items from 4 other ebid sellers of vintage glass.

I'm trying to make some sense of how GS works and how to get more visibility for ebid as a site and its sellers (quite possibly in vain) and it would help if someone else would Please duplicate my search and hopefully, to confirm what I'm seeing?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Well I had a sale on my second account yesterday and today so my mood is better

I have to say Obay with all the money in the world are really in the pooper

Thread Information