Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what the real view numbers actually are - time to test

Default I wonder what the real view numbers actually are - time to test

I have two accounts with the smaller one for books, Mags etc doing much better than the main one with everything and anything

I am honestly struggling to keep my interest going for the main one and decided to see if the site actually gets many on site views over views created from Pinterest etc and google shopping seems pretty useless now. I feel there's too much effort being put in the sellers to get their items seen

So I'll just list and not promoted externally which does produce false positives too see some real numbers and make an important decision after a few months

Default Re: I wonder what the real view numbers actually are - time to test

I actually have two products listed since early November which I haven't promoted at all, as of 5 minutes ago, they are both showing views in the low 20s with no sales. Not a very large number by any means, but over the last two years the only sales I've picked up on here without self promotion have been for two bars of soap

Don't know if any of this is any help in trying to work out the real views / sales for items, considering that all my items are one off's, collectables and that I don't do any self-promotion at all.

My last item that sold here was listed in Nov. '18 and the listing had 101 views in total.

My last item listed, on 30th Jan., has had 12 views of the listing. It's still on Plug Your Auction where it's had 20 views.

My PYA threads usually only last seven days and views can vary depending on the item. Low 20s on some, but others get 30+, 40+ and occasionally into the 50s so I think they are real human views. Although the higher numbers rarely translate into quick sales.

As I sell so little on obay these days, my sales here can't be from fliers in those parcels any more and I'm now selling more here than there for the the last few years.

I've assumed that many of my sales do come from GS as many of my buyers are making their first purchase on Ebid and I can always find some of my items there, when I look.

To sum up, real people are checking my PYA threads regularly. But as they don't buy immediately very often they probably don't view the listing unless they're interested. Possibly most of my sales, apart from one repeat buyer, come from GS? Or some other off-site search? Or equally possible there are some buyers who look in on ebid at intervals?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I check my views but do not set much store by them, however had 2 sales at the weekend, the first since August last year, they were despatched promptly now it is just a waiting game?.������

One of the sales was one of my new ones and another had been on over a year so it is a case of what people are looking for.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know I get a lot of views when I would pin to Pinterest.
    But. . I haven't been pinning for 1/2 year because of being self-employed and mapping out my plans for 2 websites that I want to try to set up and see if I draw sales that way.

Now, I am trying to get my items listed on these websites.
    Then I want to promote both my websites and eBid and see what happens.

Great replies everyone
    I do feel books, Mags audio books are better on this site than anything else I have which are on my second account and not on eBay, so it does prove there are sales but I feel the numbers of sales could increase easily by 10 times if the site was being advertised. I will be leaning more towards these categories in the future

I have tested pinterest and noticed it creates false views on this site so I have no clue if it even helps now

I tried doing a views comparison with items I also have on *bay but they have totally messed their site up so much that I'm getting sales on 0 views items

I can't wait to see the outcome of your websites Policequilts since it ha been something I've been thinking about

I can't remember the name but one member made stickers which was a great idea, If they were allowed to make branded tape although it would be costly I feel it would be a massive benefit for us all and I certainly would buy some rolls

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    I can't wait to see the outcome of your websites Policequilts since it ha been something I've been thinking about

I can't remember the name but one member made stickers which was a great idea, If they were allowed to make branded tape although it would be costly I feel it would be a massive benefit for us all and I certainly would buy some rolls

I can't wait to get them fully running. Between the 2 sites, I have more than 1100 items.
    Part of the slowness is that learning curve.
    I am listing each one and adding more detailing or ?? for the search engines.
    I did get a fairly quick response to a question that I wasn't sure if that is how they design the site.

PQ - are you using the same store builder as my sites?

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Mandart
    YES.

I am only using the free site.
    I still have some shipping rules to adjust.
    I still have to see about redirecting a domain name so right now I have theirs.
    They do want you to upgrade but I want to see how things work first.

I used my existing name and they did all the work transferring it over, takes a while to get your head around it but the results are good even on the free package, not found any real problems with them, just takes a bit of getting used to

Thread Information