Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listing watchers.

Forum Newbie
    View stukatzstamps's Feedback (+2102)
    All-About stukatzstamps
    View stukatzstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Listing watchers.

Would be nice to see how many people are watching a listing.
    Thank you!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing watchers.

This has been asked for before but, in truth, most of them will be people who want to sell the same thing
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

That won't happen since they can't even fix the issues/negatives already going on

I think they have given up and are happy with the profits they are getting

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    That won't happen since they can't even fix the issues/negatives already going on

I think they have given up and are happy with the profits they are getting
    Doubt there will be much in the way of profits if sales are hard to come by, think they have fingers in more lucrative pies to bother with ebid, they seem to ignore the comments on the forums just come into advise what they have been doing now and again.

I didn't get my statement this month again which tells me that what I owe is below the amount to pay, it seems to be hit and miss on this front as it has happened before no statements for months then suddenly out of the blue you get one, not sure if it is ebid or Hotmail though as I had one or two towards the end of last year but nothing since.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    Doubt there will be much in the way of profits if sales are hard to come by, think they have fingers in more lucrative pies to bother with ebid, they seem to ignore the comments on the forums just come into advise what they have been doing now and again.

I didn't get my statement this month again which tells me that what I owe is below the amount to pay, it seems to be hit and miss on this front as it has happened before no statements for months then suddenly out of the blue you get one, not sure if it is ebid or Hotmail though as I had one or two towards the end of last year but nothing since.
    I have been receiving statements regularly so it might be worth checking with Hotmail

Silly thing is this site could and should have been up there easily getting 10 times the traffic and sales but as you say they probably have more profitable things going on. I wonder how much it would cost to own the site

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

The last 2 years, you could see what was happening on the other larger marketplaces :
    It's too bad that eBid didn't take the time to do an overhaul of the site with all of our suggestions and then they would have to sit back and let the site do it's thing.
    They would just have to update shipping prices, taxes and such, but with improvements to the site, nothing else.

I will say on the USA side, I have been watching the home page and seeing a more items being sold and different sellers. 2 Years ago, sold items normally were stamps, artist cards, and a few miscellaneous items. Now there is such a variation of items being sold and more sellers.
    There is even a seller that only has "Pick Ups Only". It's a thrift shop that they post a sign in their shop that certain items are on eBid auction and it's pick up only. They have really done great in a short time.

Come on eBid. Just do a massive upgrade and then sit back and let the sellers do their thing.

Well the UK has poshmark and whatnot coming soon, Obviously *bay made the appropriate changes to fees to counter this EG raise them

I feel its a too little to late point now

I've wondered about that as well. I use Yahoo mail, I get my statements OK but when I check my Spam folder there's usually one or two "Listing Ended" messages from ebid. I don't use ad-blockers, not sure why it happens but some messages from my dentist end up in Spam as well???
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I've noticed the growing number of questions and comments from the USA here on the boards and wondered if it represents more growth in America than the UK.

I've also wondered about Support / Management and how they ignore Suggestions, reports of Glitches and most everything else on the boards.
    Yet, when I had a problem with a sale recently (a buyer said they couldn't pay as ebid "Didn't like their email address") and asked Support to look into it, they answered in a couple of hours to say everything was OK and the sale should complete "now".

But when I asked for help to get my Fees' DD restarted -- silence.
    The weird negative numbers on the Home Page seems to have been fixed, without any explanation.
    My request for some glass sub-cats. to be shown to the public on the HP, completely ignored.

The last particularly rankles, I've spent a few years paying for Platinum Listings, building one sub-cat. up from 20ish listings to nearly 300. (Plus another 100 listings that I've sold.) I don't expect ebid to mount an advertising campaign, but when the home page shows Date Lined Ceramics but not Date Lined Glass to the public, I feel short-changed.

Also having just mentioned "Platinum Listings" reminds me of the new-ish Account Conventions that left everyone who commented, + at least one would be seller from the US, confused. No explanation, no clarification, just the now usual silence.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information