Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to ebid buyer "Site doesn't like email address"??

Default New to ebid buyer "Site doesn't like email address"??

A new buyer, first purchase on the site last week has had problems.

Clicked BIN on one of my listings. (A Platinum Listing with Integrated Checkout) But couldn't complete the payment. I've never had a purchase fail because the buyer couldn't complete checkout before.

Sent an Invoice and a day or two later a Payment Reminder through the ASL. I also emailed them, enquiring if they were having trouble working out how to use the ASL and if they still wanted to buy, or cancel.

They replied to my email that they did still want the item but having got to the checkout page couldn't complete the transaction using paypal.

I suggested they try paying the invoice, which they couldn't find. I re-sent the Invoice which they then couldn't pay because "Ebid doesn't like my email address".

Their email (must?) be OK as they logged-in to make the purchase, they received at least one invoice through the ASL and I've been using it to message back and forth trying to solve the problem.
    They have recently updated their card on PP so they have funding.

Any suggestions how to complete the purchase please?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New to ebid buyer "Site doesn't like email address"??

I sent a paypal invoice to a buyer who was having problems with the ebid one. Would that work? (email support as well, of course, as we all want this buyer to return to ebid and buy from us too!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thanks for replying so quickly Madelaine.

I'm reluctant to try sending a PP invoice for two reasons.

1) I've never sent a PP invoice to anyone and it might cause more complications that I don't know how to get out of and just confuse the issue further.

2) PP is still erratic about sending a text to my land-line which rings my phone, so I try to use PP as little as possible. I've found that in most cases PP will let me access my account using only my password if I only access them through an ebid transaction or an ebid bill for fees. If I try doing anything other than that and am required to use 2 Step Verification and fail the second step, I'll be denied access / account frozen yet again.

As for emailing Support. Will they reply?? If they do, I'm pretty sure they won't discuss problems with someone else's account with me. As the buyer can log-in to buy from me and got my invoice through the ASL, I think the problem is at the buyers end rather than at mine?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wonder if it is the same buyer I had from UK. About 2 weeks ago.
    Purchased an item, I sent invoice, got reply that Ebay have denied and wont process her Debit Card but has plenty of funds to pay.
    I responded, this is eBid not Ebay and eBid do not process payments. After that, nothing, I sent 2 reminders until
    I gave up and requested FVF back.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Other solutions - ask, by email, for either bank transfer or a good old fashioned cheque (I even had one of those last year!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I did ask CS to look at the transaction and a big thank you to them for getting back to me so quickly, to say that everything is OK and the payment would go through. But this morning I received another email saying that they still can't pay, so they would like to cancel (can't really blame them after a week) BUT ALSO would I list on ebay and send them a link.

I might be too suspicious but I've had "buyers" before who like my stuff and want to buy if I'll move it to the other site !!!

Anyway I've apologised, agreed to cancel and said I would list on TOS but it will cost more as their fees are more than double the fees here.

Meanwhile, I've cancelled and re-listed here.

@JanetB. Don't know if they're the same and as I've just cancelled the sale have lost the post code and can't check. Did they suggest that selling on the other site might be a way round the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Other solutions - ask, by email, for either bank transfer or a good old fashioned cheque (I even had one of those last year!)
    I do have the cheque option on all my listings and BACS on some. No-one's ever used them, I'd completely forgotten about them and didn't think to suggest them to the buyer (tiny picture of tearful face)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I did ask CS to look at the transaction and a big thank you to them for getting back to me so quickly, to say that everything is OK and the payment would go through. But this morning I received another email saying that they still can't pay, so they would like to cancel (can't really blame them after a week) BUT ALSO would I list on ebay and send them a link.

I might be too suspicious but I've had "buyers" before who like my stuff and want to buy if I'll move it to the other site !!!

Anyway I've apologised, agreed to cancel and said I would list on TOS but it will cost more as their fees are more than double the fees here.

Meanwhile, I've cancelled and re-listed here.

@JanetB. Don't know if they're the same and as I've just cancelled the sale have lost the post code and can't check. Did they suggest that selling on the other site might be a way round the problem?
    No, I heard nothing more from the buyer (and still haven't).

Just to update. I listed on obay, something I wouldn't normally do, but they seemed to be having genuine problems here. Guess what? Never heard from them, no bid, no further contact.

Thread Information