eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browse x,xxx,xxx Listings On Ebid Box on the Home Page Question.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Browse x,xxx,xxx Listings On Ebid Box on the Home Page Question.

Personally I find that with so many categories and sub cats it can get a bit confusing searching for some items, for instance if you put Zips in search you get everything shown with Zip in the title including comics because the Zip code is included when all you want to is A ZIP but you have to scroll through the lot or just give up before you start and for someone new to the site this could prove infuriating, lets face it you go the the other sites put in zips and zips is what you get, even if you Google zips you get zips and nothing else! I had trouble finding my own items in a simple search.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's very true, when I listed a few coins I found the main and sub-cats. very confusing but I'm not talking about searching (or listing) individual items.

I'm talking about Ebids Home Page (top left) where it invites the public to "Browse 2,852,000 items on Ebid" followed by a list of main categories.

When someone new to ebid clicks on Porcelain, Pottery & Glass main category they are taken to a page that for Porcelain and Pottery shows lists of sub-categories including "Date Lined" various named manufactures and types of ceramics.

Contrast that with what is under the "Glass" heading. All there is "Art Glass", "Glassware" and "Other". Not a single sub-category. To someone new to ebid, seeing that for the first time gives the strong impression that there are no further sub-categories.

I know that there are hundreds of items in "Date Lined Glass", "Depression Glass", "Pressed Glass" and "Swarovski Crystal" + others. They should be shown.

It would be helpful if at least some of them were shown, giving anyone new here at least a hint that there are plenty of more niche items to at least browse and who knows, even buy.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Its basically a total mess and needs simplifying for viewers

Charity Auctions is still showing -1 - not a great look for the site

Thread Information