Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Update card details!

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Update card details!

well i just decided i would do some listing and my card details needed updating and somehow find myself seeing my card os out of date, so i go to update the details and all goes well until i try to "pay" comes up as postcode details are not right so i try every combination of address details and county and postcode i can think of and it still wont let me update my card details. i give up for now i might try listing again later but there again i might not ,

Default Re: Update card details!

Quote Originally Posted by ttoc48 View Post
    well i just decided i would do some listing and my card details needed updating and somehow find myself seeing my card os out of date, so i go to update the details and all goes well until i try to "pay" comes up as postcode details are not right so i try every combination of address details and county and postcode i can think of and it still wont let me update my card details. i give up for now i might try listing again later but there again i might not ,
    I have just updated my card and agree that it is confusing. If you click on "pay" (that alone is confusing") and enter your postcode, it should accept your new card.

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Still the same "post code is incomplete" despite putting various combinations of post code, county and town, it doesnt want to know, its pratty little things like this that really tee me off . Time for a cuppa and a cake and calm down, might do some listing tomorrow but stuff trying to update my card it can stay out of date.

Not quite on topic but a related problem with my card.

From 2013, when I started selling here I paid my monthly fees bill by DD from my card. Those payments stopped being taken (sometime last year??). It was a month or three before I noticed this and settled-up.

I tried to find where and how to re-instate the DD for automatic payments but couldn't find out how. Someone here suggested I re-enter my card details, which I did. It didn't work and I'm still paying manually using PP each month.

Given that PP only allows me to log-in to my account about 50% of the time this arrangement is not ideal and I would prefer to go back to DD payments if only I could find a way to do it.

Something else ebid needs to make clearer and easier?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now google is also going for double authentication, so now I have to keep the smartphone I keep in a drawer charged in case I need to authenticate.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Now google is also going for double authentication, so now I have to keep the smartphone I keep in a drawer charged in case I need to authenticate.

No point in me keeping a phone anywhere in the house. We get no signal here.

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I thought all this Two Step Stuff was to prevent fraud or money laundering and only applied to financial transactions?

Is google now extending it into non-financial on-line activities? Increasing surveilance even more?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information