eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping.

Default Re: Google Shopping.

Hi pastime,
    I have never checked google images when searching for mine, or any other, ebid ads. I've only ever searched GS ads. What you say seems to confirm what I found -- regular clicking and viewing will increase the number of your ads. GS will show in its search results.

Are you also saying that you're seeing your shop name on the side-bar as "Ebid - pastime Vintage Collectables" for some of your searches?. If so that also seems to confirm what I found, that regular viewing does get Ebid + seller name added to the side-bar. If you tell me what you were searching for, I'll do the same search and hopefully will be able to confirm that Ebid has been added to another set of search results.

Although I can always see some of my (about 200) Art Deco ads. on GS, I've never been able to find all of them at one time, even if I tick the Ebid - theElench box. GS does rotate what it shows, sometimes one of my ads. can be seen for weeks, but others come and go in a few days. It seems to me to be quite random. But every ebid ad. has the "See Other Items" button giving the viewing shopper the opportunity to see all of the sellers' ads. whether they are showing on GS search results or not.

Sorry, I can't help with tips about Pintrest, I've never used it to PIN images onto Google and likewise with the other SM sites you mention. Perhaps others who do use them might have some ideas?

Hope this helps. I think that just the fact that there are now two ebid sellers clicking their ads. regularly will (possibly) raise ebids visibility on GS, both as a site and by increasing the number of visible ads. shown to shoppers.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Elench,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Re: eBid - am not seeing that in the sidebar - rarely see eBid mentioned there (although it does depend on what you are searching for), but have seen some eBid seller's listings in searches even though eBid is not showing as listed in the sidebar.

When searching GS, some not showing there - I go to ALL on GS, scroll down and often there is an eBid Shop link to item. Have assumed that it depends on clicks received on eBid, as to it is worth eBid time/cost to have such links because of the advertising showing on the listing page, when clicked on, which can earn revenue for eBid.

Also in Images, sometime see eBid listing, Pinterest link (which doesn't always lead to eBid page) and an Image by itself, but often shows additional photos from page listing - as you say, it is all a bit random, but it does seem to point to getting items to show more often in Google, which means it can promote eBid's visibility (not sure if it costs eBid each time something is clicked, would be nice to know if that is the case and would need weighing up against more sales/GS charges).

Will carrying on searches to try a find out if other pins can help, how long visibility lasts on GS and if there is some other way to be seen (part of the problem is stamps and postcards are high in sales, but low in value so not sure how many ever appear in GS), but eBid has many collectors going directly to sellers and they are thriving on this platform.
    (We're in the wrong business)!!

That's a couple of interesting thoughts, it hadn't occurred to me that an items visibility on GS might be dependent on clicks on ebid. I'd thought it more likely to be that it was dependent on clicks it received on google. I just checked a green vase that has been shown on GS, often on P.1, for months and on ebid it has had 372 views. Looking at a couple of others close by on ebid, but seen only briefly on GS, their views on ebid were 76 and 92 respectively, something else to think about.

Your thought that the links to ebid shops is worth revenue to ebid is also something I hadn't considered and perhaps @Gazza@ebid or someone from support might like to clarify the situation. I've been thinking that all my clicking and viewing might be giving ebid an increased bill from GS without any more sales coming from them?

Although it does seem that the more views ebid ads. get the more ads. GS shows, so increasing the chance of a sale.

I searched GS for the "Brannan(?) bowl" you mentioned and couldn't find it yesterday, but what I did find was "Becky's hoard pottery" with the same / similar pottery. I clicked on them as they were ebid ads. I wonder, if you search again today will you find your bowl (because ebid ads. have been clicked), will your bowl now be visible? Will there be a few more ebid ads. because of the interest? I'll try again later today and report back.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Re Google shopping I thought I would try searching for specific items on google shopping and searched for knitting patterns and found listings for Madelaine and Pugwashboy, however earlier on I read on this thread that listings were not added to Google if below a certain amount but the patterns I spotted started as little as 50p but I did notice that when clicking on to them they were coming via Bing, not sure how this works, also ebid did come up in the side panel a couple of times, any info??? how this works.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Yeller,
    That's interesting - I thought I'd seen a mention on eBid about only items over a £1 would show on GS, I'll have to try and see where I saw it.
    I forgot about Bing, cos I never use it - will check that out and see what shows, would be good if there is another way to be seen online.
    Thanks for taking to time to post, will get back to you if any answers are found.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    Hi Yeller,
    That's interesting - I thought I'd seen a mention on eBid about only items over a £1 would show on GS, I'll have to try and see where I saw it.
    I forgot about Bing, cos I never use it - will check that out and see what shows, would be good if there is another way to be seen online.
    Thanks for taking to time to post, will get back to you if any answers are found.
    eBid Help>Selling Item 48 states that eBid will upload listings with a Buy It Now price of £2.50 or more plus other conditions. This limit used to be £1.00. I believe that this limit is an eBid rule and not a Google rule so items can be found on Google shopping priced at less than £2.50

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    Re Google shopping I thought I would try searching for specific items on google shopping and searched for knitting patterns and found listings for Madelaine and Pugwashboy, however earlier on I read on this thread that listings were not added to Google if below a certain amount but the patterns I spotted started as little as 50p but I did notice that when clicking on to them they were coming via Bing, not sure how this works, also ebid did come up in the side panel a couple of times, any info??? how this works.
    Good morning yeller, I wonder if you noticed how old those ads. were? The only thing I can think of is that the ads. for patterns less than £2.50 might have been uploaded before ebid decided not to upload ads. with a price tag less than that? I recently saw my ad. for a "Rocket Vase" on GS and yesterday it sold!! The first time I've been able to link GS directly to an ebid item that I've sold and while checking the address etc. I noticed that I first listed it in 2014.

RE. Bing. Once in a blue moon Ebid gets a mention on my MSN Home Page with an ad. from Bing. I assume because MS notices that I keep logging in to the site. One reason I don't use Bing (or any other MS function is because they seem to always be looking over my shoulder and at the slightest opportunity try to muscle in and take over. Like the time I answered a message sent on MS Messages and they started diverting my other mail (like paypal "you received a payment") to the account I "had set-up" by answering the original question.)

@pastime.
    It would be very helpful if you were to check out Bing on GS. Trying to get clues as to how it works, how to get more ebid ads. shown and get Ebid to show up on search side-bars would perhaps go more quickly if more ebiders would add their experiences, what they've found works (or doesn't) and even verifying (or not) what others are seeing. GS does try to make it difficult, it's like looking for a few dots in a darkened room and trying to join them up.

All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Elench,
    Have been checking Bing, but not as much as I would like because I'm trying to finish some DIY (and now there seems to be a plumbing problem looming!). From the little I've seen, most Bing shopping/listings are quite old, one of my images is over 2 years old, but need more time to check.

As an experiment I listed two new (to eBid) items. Having uploaded them I then searched eBid with Bing and clicked on both - will check to see if they do appear on Bing and how long it takes.
    Surprisingly, I also checked GS the next day after uploading and 1 showed in GS and also an eBid shop link. Also checked on Incog, which also showed the same links. If you get the time, could you please search Google for: 'Amethyst Pool of Light Necklace' and see if an eBid listing shows in Shopping (that way we can check if it is a Google Search Memory or not) the other item is still linked to Etsy, so will take time to de-link.
    The main thing seem to be to find out how shopping/images are uploaded to Bing and then make sure our items are up-to-date and link to eBid listings - that way it could be another window into eBid.
    Can you think of any other search-engines that could also be checked out?
    All the best,
    Marie.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Pastime.
    I thought it would be a good idea if I checked Amethyst Pool of Light Neckace as well as Elench. Your listing showed up as the second item after the Sponsored listings at the top of the page. However, there was no mention either of your store or of eBid in the sidebar. I used a VPN so should be anaonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by pastime View Post
    Hi Elench,
    If you get the time, could you please search Google for: 'Amethyst Pool of Light Necklace' and see if an eBid listing shows in Shopping (that way we can check if it is a Google Search Memory or not) the other item is still linked to Etsy, so will take time to de-link.

All the best,
    Marie.
    I don't use the Google browser or shopping so it doesn't really know me - I can confirm I can see your Amethyst Pool of Light Necklace in the first row of listings in Google Shopping.

My usual browser - DuckDuckGo - doesn't feature your necklace in the listings I can see.
    Last edited by Mandart; 17th December 2023 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information