Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping.

Default Re: Google Shopping.

Oh well can't complain, I've had my name and Ebid visible on the side bar for six months now, since last October. It's good to know that others can be found as well.

The next thing I want to find out is how long "Ebid - theElench" stays on the side bar without my viewing any of my items to keep my interest registering. If it stays visible for a month, I'll make it part of my Ebid routine to view a couple of listings every three weeks. Hopefully, getting it to stay visible permanently.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Yes, when I pay a rare visit to esty, I generally start with a vague search like "art deco glass" to get some ideas of numbers and what sort of item is included in the results. Then refine my search by either item type or manufacturer.

I'm careful to get as many key words as possible in my ad. titles and make them as different as possible if listing the same item on obay.

From being an occasional quick count of my listings, in response to other sellers saying they couldn't find their ebid listings. Accidentally signalling my interest in ebid to GS, becoming intrigued as to why I could find smaller web-sites named on the side bar when ebid wasn't. It seems that getting ebid mentioned (at least temporarily) isn't that difficult and once on the list, ticking the box leads to other ebid sellers of similar items.

I'm quite surprised that getting the site some visibility is so quick and easy and it's something I'll be trying to keep going by continuing regular visits to keep jogging GSs memory.

I'd recommend other sellers trying the same, to see if they can get ebid some extra visibility in their categories. Even if the effect is only temporary, it gets ebid some recognition and visibility where there are shoppers looking to spend money. That surely can't be bad.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

What your seeing though is only aimed at you and won't be aimed at anyone else in the world

When you search for something on your computer, mobile or even alexa etc, you'll notice websites, platforms starting to show adverts for those types of items, that is only targeted towards you

The only place Ebid listings mostly appear is in google shopping with some on images now and then but buyers searches need to be pretty spot on

The only way Ebid will get seen more is by spending money on advertising or branded tape etc, Word of mouth is now non existent and the only extra hits the site gets are mostly from places like Pinterest, Instagram etc images

There really is nothing else the sellers here can do to get the site seen except by increasing the number of listings, other than that it's in the owners hands

I can see what you're saying, GS has noted my interest in seeing ebid ads. and so has added the name to the side bar of my specific search for art deco glass, which is a niche area and won't be visible if I search for some of my art deco ceramics.

BUT there is now evidence that anyone doing the same search will also see it, perhaps try doing it in Scotland? (see posts 27, 29-30 and 35)and "Ebid" has been visible for the last six months.

True, it's only one niche search, but now having confirmation that others do see what I'm seeing, I'll be making sure to look at a couple of ebid ads. at regular intervals, to keep the name where it can be seen.

I'll also be experimenting with my searches and other well used search parameters, such as "Walther art deco glass", "Art deco glass - Bagley" or "1930s art deco glass". Will my interest prompt GS to add ebid to their side bar, has it done so already? I don't know yet.

I think one thing is certain(?), any other seller can do the same, whether they sell Lego sets, stamps or books, quite easily and by doing so ebid will be seen by anyone searching for the same items. Getting ebid visible on as many side bars as possible must surely be a step in the right direction and far better than not appearing?

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Could we have either a new section in the Forum or a pinned thread to share knowledge, give advice / tips or discuss any insights about Google Shopping please?

The subject comes up at intervals, some discussion takes place but any useful information is lost as it slips down the pages or is "house-cleaned".
    As GS brings buyers to ebid, how to get both listings and ebid as a site visible on there is perhaps important enough to have a permanent knowledge base that can be read and added to by everyone.
    Referring back to the original poster's request ... a pinned thread relating solely to Google shoppping and how it words {?}would be sooooo very useful!

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use to submit my stores to the search engines.

The pass 1+ year, I haven't been doing it because a side gig of mine became so busy and I am working on my website.

Checked GS today without viewing any of my items. "Ebid - theElench" seems to have dropped down the "Sites" sidebar, I had to click "See More" and I'm still shown. Three of my items on P.1 and another three on P.2.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Checked GS today without viewing any of my items. "Ebid - theElench" seems to have dropped down the "Sites" sidebar, I had to click "See More" and I'm still shown. Three of my items on P.1 and another three on P.2.
    No idea how googleshopping works, so thought i'd give it a look.
    Went to Google Shopping Uk, and searched my shop name BigKidsAttic
    Every item that showed I had in one of my stores. The only pictures that showed of mine or directly mentioned my store by name, were those items which only I have for sale (Can't be true).
    There are 3 stores on the left hand side, of which I am 2nd, but only because they are listed alphabeticaly.
    The items that have multiple stores/sites to choose from do not feature my image or mention my store until I click on the "Compare Prices" part. The store who is mentioned or who's image is shown isn't even the cheapest (most of the time it's the most expensive with shipping).
    Also only 9 pages of items are shown.

Maybe this will help with some insight into how google shopping operates, or probably throw up more questions.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

It certainly throws up more questions. I don't have a store to search for but mostly list in one category, so when I started looking at GS it was from the "product" or category angle (Art Deco Glass), with the intention of:

a) Trying to get more of my items to show up in GS search results. Not really sure that I've achieved any improvement there as I can still always see some of my listings.

b) To see if I could get the "Ebid" site name to appear on the side-bar. A bit of progress there, I think, as it seems reasonably certain that anyone searching for "art deco glass" has seen the ebid site name for several months.

Anyway, as I'm not viewing my listings, to see how long Ebid stays on the side bar. I searched for "Bagley Glass", a collectable name within the Art Deco niche and a Key-Word that buyers are likely to search for. To my surprise 8 of my items on P.1, 2 more on P.2 and "Ebid - theElench" on the side-bar. (Again it would be a great help if someone would duplicate my search and confirm if they see "EBid - theElench" and my listings please.)

I've got a busy morning today, but when I get back I'll search for your store, let you know what I see and view some of your items. Perhaps we can get ebid to show up in searches in your category??

@BigKidsAttic.

Yesterday I tried searching for "BigKidsAttic" and found none of your listings, even if I added store or shop or ebid.
    Tried to narrow the search and tried again with "Marvel Comics" -- still none of your listings, until I searched for "Marvel Comics Ebid". Then I found some of your listings -- P1. 2, P2. 5, P3. 6.

Tried again this morning searching for "BigKidsAttic store". This time GS suggested "Big Kids Attic" clicked on that and got your shop with 45 of your listings on P1.

Searching for "Marvel Comics" again, still none of your listings.

I'll try again tomorrow, searching for "Marvel Comics Ebid" followed by "Marvel Comics". Possibly, like when I showed an interest in Art Deco Glass on ebid, my interest might get some of your listings to appear in the results for just "Marvel Comics"?

Thread Information