Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The comments about pricing were mine.
    Checking eBid FAQs I have found a statement that eBid will only upload items with a BuyNow price of £2.50 and over. It is therefore obvious that any items on Google shopping which are priced at under £2.50 have not been uploaded by eBid. I had a quick look at your items and saw that most were priced under £2.50 so you cannot expect to find them on Google Shopping
    As most of my listings are for knitting patterns or magazines I will not be doubling the price just to get them listed on google shopping looks like I will be having a bonfire.🤨🤨

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can either sit it out - wait for the customers - they do turn up - or give to a charity shop - either way the bonfire is the wrong answer!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    As most of my listings are for knitting patterns or magazines I will not be doubling the price just to get them listed on google shopping looks like I will be having a bonfire.🤨🤨
    hi have you though about doing some magazine bundles

maybe more tempting for buyers with 2/3 mags with 1 postage

Waiting it out, or listing in bundles as 'job lot' are certainly better options than having a bonfire. It's amazing how things can be listed for years even, and then get a delighted buyer.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Hi John, hope you are well.

What you say about 'sitting it out' is correct, I think. I recently sold an item that had been sitting here RUS since 2018. On ebid something I listed back in 2013, when I first started here, is still as visible as something I listed last week. Although I run new listings as 40 day auctions, after they haven't sold I re-list as RUS and most of my sales are from results pages 2 - 6 (I've never sold anything on auction).

Periodically on GS I find a really old listing of mine being shown which can only help, but the main reason my older listings sell here is because ebid doesn't actively hide them. If I used the same strategy on obay's version of RUS (they callit GTC), after a couple of compulsory monthly re-lists it will be well down their visibility sweepstake and near invisible without regular tweaks.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I just read an article on the "eCommercebytes" blog called "Common Google Shopping Feed Errors and Other SEO" that might help get more ebid sellers' listings to show up on GS.

Some of it went over my head (and some of it was from other sites advice to their sellers) but it seems that GS doesn't just look at the listing, it also looks at a sellers' "shop description / About pages" and likes to see your "authority in your niche", years of experience and any qualifications you might have. Photos are another area it homes in on.

So if your "About" page is empty or not very informative or your listings only have one photo, a re-jig might get you more Brownie Points with GS and a bit more visibility.

Might be helpful for those who can't find their items on GS to read the whole thing and watch the videos.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

After searching for "art deco glass" a few times at about weekly intervals, consistently finding a few of my items on the first three pages of results and viewing one or two, I noticed that "Ebid - theelench" was being shown on the left-hand side bar of site names.

Ticking the box, took me to a page of, mostly, my listings but always with two or three other ebid sellers at the bottom to fill the bottom line.

As no-one replied to my requests to duplicate my search and see if others could see the same, I went to the local library.

The same "art deco glass" search showed 3of my items on P.1, 3 on P.2, 0 on P.3 and 1 on P.4. The side bar still showed "Ebid - theelench" although I had to click the "More" drop-down to see it.
    Ticking the Ebid box, showed all seven of my items and again, one item each for three other ebid sellers.

So, is that all it takes to get Ebid visible on the side-bar of sites? Just finding and viewing one or two of your (or presumably any other Ebid) ads. that you can find, once a week for a few weeks?

If anyone's interested enough to try it and report back what they see, it would be a great help and might be one easy way to increase ebids visibility on GS.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    .....The same "art deco glass" search showed 3of my items on P.1, 3 on P.2, 0 on P.3 and 1 on P.4. The side bar still showed "Ebid - theelench" although I had to click the "More" drop-down to see it.
    Ticking the Ebid box, showed all seven of my items and again, one item each for three other ebid sellers.

So, is that all it takes to get Ebid visible on the side-bar of sites? Just finding and viewing one or two of your (or presumably any other Ebid) ads. that you can find, once a week for a few weeks?

If anyone's interested enough to try it and report back what they see, it would be a great help and might be one easy way to increase ebids visibility on GS.
    My "Lego City Firefighter Fireman Set 5613 New In Sealed Box" is currently showing up in the Google Shopping main page but not in the side bar.

I will as you suggest click on it in Google Shopping for a week or two to see if eBid does start to appear in the side bar for this item.

Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thanks, please let us know what you find, whatever you find.

I'm not sure how much of what I see is revealing how GS works or if it's cookies and profiling just showing me what it thinks I want to see. But does it really matter if ebid is visible on the side bar for everyone to see?

On the other hand, if only I'm seeing "Ebid" because of my interest in ebid listings and no-one else sees the same, I'm barking up the wrong tree!!

Perhaps, while you're there you could also repeat my "art deco glass" search and let us know if you see "Ebid - theelench" on the side-bar?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Thanks, please let us know what you find, whatever you find.......
    Perhaps, while you're there you could also repeat my "art deco glass" search and let us know if you see "Ebid - theelench" on the side-bar?

This is currently showing in position 14 in the main GS page plus eBid-theelench in the seller side bar.

Using the "art deco glass" search
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information